Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jones in the Fast Lane

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released 1990

The goal of Jones in the Fast Lane, a "real life simulator", is to become the most educated, the happiest, and the wealthiest person of the players in the game.

Sierra should remake Jones for XBLA and PSN

loki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By loki

Who's with me?!?!

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lebkin

I loved this game when I was a kid.  I would gladly pay for it again with updated graphics on XBLA. 

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#3  Edited By psykhophear

I'm with you. I still have the original Jones CDRom and occasionally play the game. Jones is one of the best classic PC games ever.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By dagas

I agree, although I did not have the CD-ROM version (didn't even know there was one) I had the floppy-version. I used to play it at mom's job because we did not have a computer at home. It's amazing how much they squeezed into one floppy disc.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@triddapol Is that a mobile version? Also does it have the same satire as the original? I liked the old voice acting and look of the characters. Some of this looks too "gamey."

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

triddaPol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By triddaPol

@corevi: Hey! I am not a spambot! I'm the shameless developer...

@rebel_scum: The game has similar 'literal' satire, interesting comment about it being too "gamey" I think I get what you mean (graphics/style?) and your right, it is aimed at mobile users, that style is what users expect on devices, I was told to make it more gamey, but refused.. Perfect casual game for mobiles, i think. There is a growing community all fighting over who can win in the least amount of weeks. Some guy from Norway beat the the system in 23weeks.. amazing, no matter how hard I try I can't beat him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.