Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » credited in 4 games

Joss Whedon was a television producer and writer of shows such as Firefly, Angel, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Occasionally he collaborated with developers on video game tie-ins related to his IPs.

Which developer would you choose to make a Firefly game?

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

I realize that they would first need to acquire the rights to the show, but for the purpose of this question let's assume the devs already have them. I would have to go with Naughty Dog on this one. I'm imagining a third person shooter similar to Uncharted, with great characters and atmosphere, which Naughty Dog excels at. Not to mention Nathan Drake is quite similar to Malcolm Reynolds when you think about it. Firefly is nothing without the atmosphere of a futuristic wasteland western, good light hearted humor, and good characters, and I feel that the team at Naughty Dog could do a great job.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@TomA said:

I realize that they would first need to acquire the rights to the show, but for the purpose of this question let's assume the devs already have them. I would have to go with Naughty Dog on this one. I'm imagining a third person shooter similar to Uncharted, with great characters and atmosphere, which Naughty Dog excels at. Not to mention Nathan Drake is quite similar to Malcolm Reynolds when you think about it. Firefly is nothing without the atmosphere of a futuristic wasteland western, good light hearted humor, and good characters, and I feel that the team at Naughty Dog could do a great job.

None. The things they would have to do to make it an actual video game would ruin it. There is not much video game material at all in Firefly, and I don't think even the best of developers could make a Firefly game that didn't feel forced. I certainly would not want Uncharted quality third person shooting in a Firefly game.

The Last of Us looks amazing though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.