Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

Could you beat the game alone?

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dpedal1

There was a powerful moment during the snow sequence when your scarf freezes and eventually you get to a "lamp/fire" to heat up before you cross over a bridge. This moment was powerful for me because my partner and I got separated and I had no way to recharge to get across the bridge. It was profound as I realized I can't do this alone, and of course the metaphors run deep there. I ended up having to restart the game and loaded up the section again and got a new partner. As I finished the game I started thinking about the section and wondering is it actually possible to finish this game alone? I mean let's say in a year or two when the community surrounding this game has kinda died out, will new players have enough players to play with?

Any thoughts?

Also, as of right now this is my game of the year, simply amazing!!

d0rks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By d0rks
    @dpedal1: It's absolutely possible for One to complete (the) Journey alone, from start to 'finish' including traversing the frozen bridge.
    EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EToaster

Yeah, if you sing the cloth unfreezes and connects back to the bridge, allowing you to cross.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By senorfuzzeh

You could.... but...

Why would you want to?

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zonikjj

Yes.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By happypup70

That's what is so amazing about Journey. There is only minor game play benefits to having a partner but it is still absolutely essential to the experience.

jbl8199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By jbl8199

I did my first Journey alone. I probably should have done it with a partner, but I'm a bit iffy when it comes to playing games online. That's why I usually go through the game myself to get some experience first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.