Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

Journey campaign length = 3 Hours

• 60 results
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ryanwho

Didn't know there was a campaign, really. Though it just generated new land and you never reach you goal. That's the arty farty way to go.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Synaptic

@ryanwho said:

Didn't know there was a campaign, really. Though it just generated new land and you never reach you goal. That's the arty farty way to go.

Agreed. I like the idea of randomly generated content in a game like this from a number of perspectives, it seems kind of weird for a game that's all about exploration to have a cut and dry beginning and end.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Wait the game has an actual  campaign?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RE_Player1

I just beat flower. It took me 2 hours because I took my time with each level and the credits. I loved every minute of it so I'm glad it's a similar length to their previous games.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By mesoian

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I'm watching Gamespot @ E3 live, and they're interviewing the Journey design director. She just said that the game will take 2.5 to 3 hours to beat Since alot of people seem interested in this title, i thought this would be important to mention.

Still buying it.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Zippedbinders

I'm honestly surprised Journey has something that qualifies as a narrative progression. I honestly thought it was just a sandbox discovery type of game. Whatever, I'm more excited than I was before.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Jayross

BUUT WHAT ABOT TEH COMPATATIVE MULTIPLAYER??!!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jayross said:

BUUT WHAT ABOT TEH COMPATATIVE MULTIPLAYER??!!

WAIT THIS GAME DONT HAVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER? 
    WOAH CANCELLIN' PRE-ORDER BRO.
    GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GrandHarrier
    @spurious said:
    Flower can't have taken that long for an unenthusiastic, front-to-back run through, and yet, I've spent what seems like well over ten hours with that game.  I guess it speaks to something that, in a heartbeat, I'd pick up this over Skyrim with it's 300 hours of content.
    I'm the opposite. Skyrim is easily going to have more heart and soul in it than Journey will ever even be able to hope to have. But then again I haven't gotten on the kool-aid drinking bandwagon that some people adhere too when it comes to garbage like flower. That shit reminds me of new age sculptures. You know the kind that I am talking about. The kind that can take a broken chair set up on top of an old refrigerator and call it "The downfall of consumerism" while hipsters sip frapachino's with extended pinkies.
    Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic
    @GrandHarrier said:
    @spurious said:
    Flower can't have taken that long for an unenthusiastic, front-to-back run through, and yet, I've spent what seems like well over ten hours with that game.  I guess it speaks to something that, in a heartbeat, I'd pick up this over Skyrim with it's 300 hours of content.
    I'm the opposite. Skyrim is easily going to have more heart and soul in it than Journey will ever even be able to hope to have. But then again I haven't gotten on the kool-aid drinking bandwagon that some people adhere too when it comes to garbage like flower. That shit reminds me of new age sculptures. You know the kind that I am talking about. The kind that can take a broken chair set up on top of an old refrigerator and call it "The downfall of consumerism" while hipsters sip frapachino's with extended pinkies.
    I'm going to play the fuck out of and love both, and they'll both be fantastic games. 

Also, whoa, you got high hopes. I'm just hoping for Skyrim to be good but heart and soul? I can only think of a few games that I would call having anything close to that. Bethesda (well, video games in general) probably need characters that can actually emote before any of that becomes too commonplace. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.