Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Judgment

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 13, 2018

A “legal suspense action” game developed by Sega's Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, the team behind the Yakuza games, for the PlayStation 4.

Yakuza Spinoff "Judgment"

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

So this came outta nowhere for me, but holy moly this thing looks fantastic:

Defence attorney turned private eye trying to find a killer. Sold.

Hopefully it comes to PC!

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It was everywhere in the news due to the recast actor.

Love Yakuza so I'm really looking forward to it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this trailer came out a good while ago, looks cool. I haven't played yakuza 6 (or finished 5) yet though

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

this ain't a spinoff is a completly different series no characters from yakuza will show up in judgement

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@darkvare: they said in the video that it is in the same universe of Yakuza and using the same main map of Yakuza which is Kamurucho. Not mention the look of the game overall. Although the development team are not saying it, it pretty much look closer to the Yakuza games than some of the spinoffs like Ishin.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a huge Yakuza fan I'm all in on this, looks like a really interesting spin on that engine/setting and I can't wait to play it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think "Judge eyes" is a better name for this game but yeah it looks like a pretty cool idea.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So has there been any clarification as to how the voice actor thing affects the English release?

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@retris: So here is the cool thing. You get the option of using the original Japanese voices (I recommend this) and the dub. But the cool thing is that you get to pick between what kind of subtitles you want to, whether you want the dub titles or the translated subtitles closer to the original script. They put a lot of work into that.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@thechris said:

@retris: So here is the cool thing. You get the option of using the original Japanese voices (I recommend this) and the dub. But the cool thing is that you get to pick between what kind of subtitles you want to, whether you want the dub titles or the translated subtitles closer to the original script. They put a lot of work into that.

Do you actually get to choose the subtitle track? I thought it was just that the dub has subtitles to match the dub, and the Japanese has its own subtitle track that doesn't have to take as many liberties to fit the lip flaps.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheChris

@TechnoSyndrome: Nope. Dual audio as well as Dual subtitles. A lot of Japanese games don’t have this with their dubs, like whenever you find yourself having to play the game with Japanese audio, you would always have the dubtitles, as opposed to actual subtitles. Here, you get a choice.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/07/judgment-launches-june-25-how-the-yakuza-spinoff-reinvents-localization/

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@thechris said:

@TechnoSyndrome: Nope. Dual audio as well as Dual subtitles.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/07/judgment-launches-june-25-how-the-yakuza-spinoff-reinvents-localization/

This doesn't actually answer my question of if you can choose subtitles divorced from your choice of audio, I'm assuming the answer is no.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheChris

@TechnoSyndrome: You can.

EDIT: Checked in with Scott himself, I was wrong btw. Disregarding what I said.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thechris: that's great ?

It will be fun to experience the dubtitles on my second play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.