Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jurassic World Evolution

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 12, 2018

A dinosaur park simulator.

We got gameplay! We got extended gameplay here!

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

And we also got a release date. The game is coming out June 12th for all PC, Xbox and PS4. I hope the game is good because I've been looking forward playing a jurassic park game since the day where I made a pretend jurassic park in Zoo Tycoon 2.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Don't know if I'd actually enjoy playing that but those are some nice looking dinosaurs.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody cares. Nice videos. What are you trying to look like, Planetcoaster?

Even if it ends up being a re-skinned PlanetCoaster, I'm down. These kinds of games I bounce off of a few times, and then something clicks and I'm all in for a few weeks.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks good so far I guess. Still looking forward to it.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It seems like your dinos can indeed escape their enclosures and fuck shit up and that was my only requirement for playing this or not.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about this game... And, I'll probably forget about it again soon. I'm not really interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This seems exactly like a return to the Operation: Genesis formula, which I'm okay with.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will most likely add it to my Steam wishlist and forget about it until a sale.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatking

@inevpatoria said:

This seems exactly like a return to the Operation: Genesis formula, which I'm okay with.

A game so underrated that it seems like nobody even knows it existed. On top of that, it's a rare game, so if you can find a copy you're likely paying upwards of the original price tag for it.

I'm glad they're taking another shot at this idea. Fingers crossed they nail it. I'm a total sucker for these types of games, and a good one involving a dinosaur park is really exciting for me.

Damn those are some good looking dinosaurs. Sign me up.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seikenfreak

@hatking Don't worry, I'm with you. I'd like a PC copy for my collection but too expensive.

Avatar image for achillesforever
    achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like Operation Genesis with none of the flaws that original OG had (for instance there were caps for how many fences/buildings you could make)

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting on gameplay of dinosaurs escaping and fucking shit up.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acura_max: Perfect thread title.

Always wanted a good JP game since the SNES days and this looks potentially really cool.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for achillesforever
    achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By achillesforever

I also just recently learned there was JP RTS back in the day that had the entire voice cast from the actors from the Lost World

Loading Video...

Man its weird that back in the day they would have the actual actors do the voice acting for video games.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mikemcn

Shouldn't all these dino's have like feathers and stuff? I thought we decided they all had feathers a while back.

But the driving around looks fun, i always liked the driving mode in Sim City 4. And you get to tranq the dinos too!

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: They sort of retconned the feathers on dinos thing in the latest movie. The justification for featherless dinos is that the Jurassic Park people really don't know what dinos look like and they just make the dinos the way people expect them to look like. It's actually an interesting idea and one that fits with Jurassic Park's commentary on consumerism.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is easy to play with a controller.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@acura_max: @acura_max: i suppose that makes sense, and i appreciate them acknowledging it in-fiction. i'll wait for a new zoo tycoon for my scientifcally accurate dinos =( still would try this though.

And even with feathers we could still be way off about what dinos look like, it's amazing to think about how little we know about these creatures since all we have is their fossil record! Everything outside the bones requires a bit of guesswork.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Seikenfreak

Played some Operation Genesis yesterday to refresh my memory.

I really hope they make almost the same game but just a lot more features/content. It's already simple fun in the sandbox format. The loop feels good. The charm is in all the details and I hope they get that. The hatchery and the way the animals stroll out, and the woman announces the new exhibit over the park intercom for example. Can't wait to see how the different dinosaurs interact with the fences.

Ive barely watched footage of the new game because I don't wanna ruin the surprise.

Ugh maybe I'll have and watch a full preview video.

Edit: Okay I watched the latest gameplay demonstration from the devs. I can't wait for this. I'm so glad they are pretty much copying everything from Operation Genesis so far and expanding on that. /throwsmoney

zorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit this game literally is an Operation Genesis spiritual sequel huh. There's some mechanics in there that feel directly plucked from JP:OG that, frankly, were totally unneeded but are greatly appreciated. The ability to tranq from the heli yourself, for example.

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As an avid fan of all things Jurassic Park, I am happy so many people here both know what Operation Genesis is and enjoyed it!
    I've been super hyped for this game since it was announced and I am super duper hyped that it's coming out in a few months!!

Who do you think will be doing the quick look??

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snakeeater321: I bet East. They get down on the nostalgia stuff more frequently, I feel like. I could see Vinny and Alex wanting to do this.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

Somewhat interested, but it depends on how good the console version is, since I would potentially buy it for my PS4.

It does seem aimed at a broad audience though, i.e. keeping it simple, so it might be OK in this regard.

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SnakeEater321

@bonbonetti: From all the gameplay videos they did switch between a keyboard and mouse and a controller pretty seamlessly, and in fact some sections were easier to control with a controller.
    so I assume the console version will be just as good as the PC version

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

@snakeeater321: Thanks, that's good to hear, will dig around for more videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.