Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

HUGE limited editon (PC) fuck up

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nasos100

I don't know if any of you guys bought JC2 for the PC. I was originally going to buy it for the PS3 but with my new PC and all the mods ive heard, and the sheer price difference i instead bought it there. I chose the limited edition cause it was only 3$ more expensive so...
    Thing is, i installed the game and all, created a steam account, (yes i didnt have one...) and t was time to install the DLC that came with the limited edition. There were instructions inside. Awesome! i just had to log in to my games for windows live account as the leaflet said and download/activate the DLC.

Only that didnt work. You know why? Cause you had to do that to the STEAM account not the games for windows live one. The bloody leaflet was explaining in detail how to find the GFWL marketplace and do all that. How could someone fck this up so badly? I learned by random googling.
    But i shouldnt be complaining, it may have directed me to my battlenet account, right?   What's your say on this?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

So the retail version requires Steam as well? 

I'm assuming the manual/instructions were printed early, then they decided to change it at the last minute, making them completely false and useless. I've seen other game manuals that have been incorrect before. Happens more often then you think.
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Synthballs

Thats pretty weird. 

Great game though, Enjoy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I say they just took the leaflet from the XBox version and put it in the PC box - probably saved them a few cent per box. Having the "normal" PC version myself, I had no such problems, naturally - there was nothing in there besides a 20 page thin b/w manual, but at least that one seems to be PC specific. And this is where my money saving theory goes down the drain …

I guess someone was just lazy.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By nicolenomicon

I dunno, I don't buy limited editions, I just bought the normal one, OFF STEAM!!! OH HELLZ YEAH!
    callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By callik

Same in the UK. I bought the limited edition as it was £5 cheaper than regular (online stores are strange sometimes)

Read instructions, fail to input code on GFWL 3 times, think "Hmm, this is a steamworks game, let's try there" and bingo. Guess they already had codes printed before they removed GFWL support or sommit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Shirogane said:
    " So the retail version requires Steam as well?"
    Yes. Only the pirated version runs without it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.