Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

Issues with Just Cause 2 DLC (4/29)?

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheJasonSigler

Anyone else having issues with the new DLC that released on Thursday? After I get the black market drop of the parachute thrusters, I approach the box and the "Switch" command pops up. After hitting the Y button, Rico bends down to pick up something but nothing appears to be there to pick up, so he just goes through the animation without actually doing anything. Not seeing any change, I deploy my chute and try every button on the freakin' controller to thrust but no luck. 

Is anyone else coming across this potential bug? The thrusters are listed as Level 6 in the menu but I don't figure that has anything to do with the issue.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By Soap

They are level 6 by default, and you need to press  RB on the 360 controller or R1 for PS3 to activate the thrusters.

If your not getting it out of the box then I guess it must be a bug, hopefully they will sort it soon.

Has anyone else had any problems with it? I find that when I die and keep all my equipment exactly the same except for the new parachute which I have to rebuy every time I die, or reload the game (which sucks)

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Capum15
    @Soap said:
    " They are level 6 by default, and you need to press  RB on the 360 controller or R1 for PS3 to activate the thrusters.  If your not getting it out of the box then I guess it must be a bug, hopefully they will sort it soon.   Has anyone else had any problems with it? I find that when I die and keep all my equipment exactly the same except for the new parachute which I have to rebuy every time I die, or reload the game (which sucks) "
    Apparently the parachute thing happens with all the other chutes (IE, preorder Chaos chute). It treats it like a vehicle and despawns it when you die or save and reload. Sucks, but it's happened since launch apparently.

Anyway, so it's out eh? Cool. I need to grab it.
    TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheJasonSigler

Yeah, the despawning thing sounds intentional, if not crappy. But no one else has come across the buggy pickup? Guess I'll have to try again when I get home and hope this load fares better.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DrPockets000

I didn't have a problem.  I usually am fine with DLC, so I don't know if re-downloading it would work?  You don't have to pay for it again.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.