Just Cause 3 is Free On PS+ This Month

#1 Posted by Fredchuckdave (10824 posts) -

A bit late but figured I'd mention this; load times seem relatively short and are generally infrequent if you don't die much. As far as the framerate there's a couple spots on the map like the big city where it dips a lot; elsewhere it's relatively stable even with a lot of bedlam going on. I've really enjoyed my time with it to this point; very relaxing game and it is possible to blow up everything within a semi-reasonable amount of time. Also it looks really nice.

You too can do ridiculous shit like this:

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#2 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2614 posts) -

Despite thinking Just Cause 2 was a ton of fun, I was waiting to get this because I heard the performance at launch was so poor. I'm happy it's better now, and made sure to get it while it was free.

#3 Posted by imchardo (30 posts) -

Having a bunch of fun with this too :-)

#4 Edited by Humanity (17781 posts) -

Does the game still run like garbage on PS4? I heard initially it was pretty bad during more intense explosion filled scenes - and thisnid a game centered around explosions.

#5 Posted by Luchalma (483 posts) -

It's still great fun to navigate the beautiful open world, and Avalanche is the absolute best at video game explosions.

#6 Posted by Dan_CiTi (4969 posts) -

That's about the right price for this game. Fun to fuck around in for sure but god that story was bad.

#7 Edited by Nodima (2363 posts) -

Just Cause 2 was a great PS+ game that I didn't get very far in but blew up a lot of things and collected a lot of things and I'm sure Just Cause 3 will be the same.

Seriously, I probably put 10 hours into JC2 and didn't finish more than eight or nine story missions. I had a ton of bases and a ton of guns though.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
#8 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (369 posts) -

@humanity: it has it's moments but it's not too bad, it's also definitely not a smooth 60fps experience.

#9 Posted by ripelivejam (12661 posts) -

yeah but where's knack

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.