Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 27, 2006

Just Cause is an open-world action game that has you play as Rico Rodriguez, a black-ops agent helping guerrillas and cartels to overthrow the government of San Esperito.

Just Cause thoughts

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By fox01313

I found was fun yet broken in a lot of places. For me the broken part was the most prominent with the small island in the south with the military base to capture. After trying about a dozen or so times I lost track on how many times there were tanks parked on all the barracades which will ignore every enemy & not only shoot at me but rapid fire juggle me in the air with multiple explosions. It's the last thing to capture & I figured that once I completed the story mode or attempted it enough times that the computer might switch things out & actually make it possible to finish it. Some of the other side missions I noticed were broken where I couldn't turn in a vehicle or the helicopter would be shooting at the npcs nearby & killing them before I could get to them.

Apart from the weird acting AI (esp. when in stunt position on a car) where the AI drivers are always swerving in front of you. The one parting note I have for anyone wanting to try out this game, DO NOT get in a vehcile for the liberation side missions things. Countless times I'd find the liberation stop if I got in an attack helicopter or more often, I'd see whatever vehicle I was in almost instantly die. So jump in to get rid of the driver but once you're at that point just run around shooting people.

Random good points that come to mind. The stunt positions, enough said, just plain fun & really needed in other games. Trying out some main or side mission of getting rid of some guy in a vehcile a few times like any other game (where you are hunting them down, blocking the road & using enough explosives to level small countries) maybe dying then try out something else where you get on a motorcycle, chase down the guy, activate the parachute, grapple to the vehicle & ride it for a while before taking control of the vehicle & instantly killing the person when you kick them out while driving at top speed. That or destroying the helicopter side missions by grappling to it & taking control of it, sending it to fly into a mountain & parachute out at the last second. The game's worth playing to see the insanity but keep a few beers or a book of swear words nearby as the glitches will definitely be painful shots when they happen. Save often enough & it might not be that bad.

Luckily for everyone, the sequel looks infinitely more fun & better but it's going to be a wait to get to play it. Hoping that Eidos actually patches this game as it's worth it yet the glitchy moments definitely hurt the gameplay.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By fox01313

I found was fun yet broken in a lot of places. For me the broken part was the most prominent with the small island in the south with the military base to capture. After trying about a dozen or so times I lost track on how many times there were tanks parked on all the barracades which will ignore every enemy & not only shoot at me but rapid fire juggle me in the air with multiple explosions. It's the last thing to capture & I figured that once I completed the story mode or attempted it enough times that the computer might switch things out & actually make it possible to finish it. Some of the other side missions I noticed were broken where I couldn't turn in a vehicle or the helicopter would be shooting at the npcs nearby & killing them before I could get to them.

Apart from the weird acting AI (esp. when in stunt position on a car) where the AI drivers are always swerving in front of you. The one parting note I have for anyone wanting to try out this game, DO NOT get in a vehcile for the liberation side missions things. Countless times I'd find the liberation stop if I got in an attack helicopter or more often, I'd see whatever vehicle I was in almost instantly die. So jump in to get rid of the driver but once you're at that point just run around shooting people.

Random good points that come to mind. The stunt positions, enough said, just plain fun & really needed in other games. Trying out some main or side mission of getting rid of some guy in a vehcile a few times like any other game (where you are hunting them down, blocking the road & using enough explosives to level small countries) maybe dying then try out something else where you get on a motorcycle, chase down the guy, activate the parachute, grapple to the vehicle & ride it for a while before taking control of the vehicle & instantly killing the person when you kick them out while driving at top speed. That or destroying the helicopter side missions by grappling to it & taking control of it, sending it to fly into a mountain & parachute out at the last second. The game's worth playing to see the insanity but keep a few beers or a book of swear words nearby as the glitches will definitely be painful shots when they happen. Save often enough & it might not be that bad.

Luckily for everyone, the sequel looks infinitely more fun & better but it's going to be a wait to get to play it. Hoping that Eidos actually patches this game as it's worth it yet the glitchy moments definitely hurt the gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.