Just Dance Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Another quality title on Wii from Ubisoft. Do notice how the Wii isn't even turned on throughout this trailer below...  (hot blonde not included)  

Just Dance gives gamers the opportunity to perform all the iconic dance moves to various songs. Grab the Wii Remote and dance to an impressive track list full of famous and unforgettable hits. There are around thirty famous tracks available from many different genres such as contemporary 80s, 90s, Disco, Rock, Pop, R n B and more.  

Here is sample of some popular hits included: 

- Katy Perry: Hot n Cold 
    - MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This 
    - Fame (in the style of Irene Cara) (Cover Track) 
    - Deee-Lite: Groove is in the Heart 
    - Technotronic: Pump Up the Jam 
    - Cyndi Lauper: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 
    - Trashmen: Surfin' Bird 
    - Blur: Girls & Boys 

On a related note, during a BMO Capital Markets event, which is open to game companies and investors, the President of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aime took to the stage to present some interesting statistics about female gamers. He claimed that over 11 million females now play videogame consoles in America, compared to over 33 million males playing videgames. This is all based on what he called the "Primary Players", who are the main users of consoles in their homes.   

According to Nintendo of Americas research, is the fact that 80% of those 11 million female gamers are now apparently playing on Nintendo consoles. Reggie then went on to say, "This didn't happen by accident. It's the result of a deliberate attempt to expand the market."

No Caption Provided
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Steve_C

This has nothing on the warioware dance minigame, especially at max speed.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

Targeting the female demographic was a smart move by Nintendo.  All credit to them, but the female demographic has been growing steadily before the Wii. 

As for the game - Just No.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mushir

I bet you could get a high score in that game by just violently shaking the wiimote.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:

" Targeting the female demographic was a smart move by Nintendo.  All credit to them, but the female demographic has been growing steadily before the Wii.  As for the game - Just No. "

I believe the Nintendo DS had a huge role in that, and Animal Crossing's release only strengthened that. That game was advertised in every woman's magazine I read in the toilette back then, and I read a lot!. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " Targeting the female demographic was a smart move by Nintendo.  All credit to them, but the female demographic has been growing steadily before the Wii.  As for the game - Just No. "
      I believe the Nintendo DS had a huge role in that, and Animal Crossing's release only strengthened that. That game was advertised in every woman's magazine I read in the toilette back then!.  "
    Can't argue with that.  Nintendo really opened the market up and I believe females are playing a much broader range of games now as well.  The only 2 games my partner has ever played is Chibi Robo and Animal Crossing.  She wouldn't even think about playing the 360.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

And they wonder why their profits on WIi decline :-P

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " And they wonder why their profits on WIi decline :-P "
    They are a very lazy developer.  They would barely notice a good game if it bit them on the arse.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "  @Al3xand3r said:

" And they wonder why their profits on WIi decline :-P "

Ubisoft have just revealed the game has sold over two million copies worldwide.  

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2010/4/1/ubisofts_just_dance_sells_over/    "
    Unbelievable but true.  That is a big seller.  If people are enjoying it, it is not like we should care as we are not its target demographic.  I suppose my daughters are, but I am still not getting it and they don't want it.  Now, if they release Just Screamo, where you scream and shake your head to screamo rock, then they are interested  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.