Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

Is this game a 3 or 5 day rental.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I just got around to booting up OnLive for the first time today and noticed that they have Kane and Lynch 2 rentals in 3 and 5 day flavors with prices of 5.99 and 8.99 respectively. I know a lot of people have described this game as a rental at best so that is what I am gonna do but I was curious as to how many days you, the people who do ar do not enjoy the game, would recommend. Obviously the single player can be completed in 1 or 2 sittings, but would you say the multiplayer is worth the couple extra bucks for a few more days or that it is only worth it to get the 3 day rental since the multiplayer seems to be a bit of a one tick pony. Thanks in advance.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You're probably better off going with just 3 days. Not that I've played it, but from the reviews I've read and EpicSteve's progress updates, I think 3 days is more than enough.

KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I was thinking. The multiplayer seems really neat but from what I have heard Jeff say it seems like a couple hours will show you pretty much everything it has to offer.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BunkerBuster

12 hours should be more than enough to play the single-player and a lot of multiplayer. Depending on how many hours you can play per day, that's how many days you need.

Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By Karolis

Word is people finish it in one sitting, 4 to 6 hours, that is. I personally couldn't stand more than 30 minutes for some reason. It looks cool, but it just didn't feel right for me.

KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like three days to me then. Thanks.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Branthog
    @zAMERICANLIONz:  Can you get a one day review? If so, do that. You'll finish it in four hours and the multiplayer, while somewhat enjoyable, is broken by the fact that you can never complete a game. I've been trying to play Cops & Robbers for four hours now and I have not completed a SINGLE game. In fact, I haven't gotten to a third (of our) rounds in any one game, yet, before the host disconnects or shuts the session down. It's fucking bullshit.
    tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By tskunk

I got it yesterday from GameFly. Sat down, beat it in one sitting (3 hours on normal), and mailed it this morning. Eighteen hour rental! lol

Checked the ranked multiplayer playlists, and there were like 3 people combined between all of them. Needless to say after about 10 minutes, I put the game back in its GameFly sleeve and was done.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Baillie

I love the multiplayer on this game, but the campaign is nowhere near as good as the first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.