Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

Kane and Lynch Comaprison.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Wanna know which version of Kane and Lynch to get (spoilers: probaly wanna go with the PC version) but if you wanna know which console to get it on, take a look at this comparison done by Digital Foundry.  

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kane-and-lynch-2-face-off  

They gave the nod to the 360 version because of better performance and supposed better graphical effects, but I for the life of me couldnt tell any really differene visualy between these two games from these screeens due to the Crappy Camera look of the game. Keep in mind framerate tolerance varies from person to person. They went on record as saying that the FPS in the PS3 version is fine and perfectly acceptable, but its just that the 360 version runs at a unmistakeable smoother clip. But really, does FPS really matter in a game like this where some of teh FPS problems seem intentional?  

To sum it up, theyre very close, so get it for whatever. And needless to say its a better PS3 version then say Mafia 2.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

The 360 version is massively effed up right now, so I don't see why anyone would get that version.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MiniPato

None of them "look worse" than the other. One of them is just heavier on the filter effects :)

Though GB's video review did show that the game freezes later in the game whenever you shoot someone with a shotgun. This happens multiple times for 2 or 3 seconds each time.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By ReyGitano
    @natetodamax said:
    " The 360 version is massively effed up right now, so I don't see why anyone would get that version. "
    They want it because they think the freezing is part of the visual style, like the drops in frame rate.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @SlashseveN303: I'm referring to the 5 second long freeze ups that occur. Did you check the GB review for the 360 version?
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed
    @natetodamax said:
    " @SlashseveN303: I'm referring to the 5 second long freeze ups that occur. Did you check the GB review for the 360 version? "
    that's what he's talking about 
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Wow they have pc screenshots on the second page and it has textures on it like clothes textures or wall textures. I run this game like 80 frames per second 1080p 4X AA.  

Well for framerates, obviously usually the more powerful the videocard is, the most framerates your going to get and anti aliasing, even resolution.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReyGitano
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @SlashseveN303: I'm referring to the 5 second long freeze ups that occur. Did you check the GB review for the 360 version? "
    that's what he's talking about  "
    yup yup
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    that's what he's talking about  "
    So the alleged technical issues are meant to be there? That is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword

hmm, those issues didnt appear during their comparison I dont believe, so maybe its not THAT widespread. Again, I knew this game would be hard to compare because of the intentional awful look of the game. Its just nice to not see a crap PS3 version after all that Mafia 2 shit.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
    @SlashseveN303: I'm pretty sure we're not talking about the same thing. Jeff said the developers are working on a patch for it.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ravensword
    @HitmanAgent47:

Does the game still kinda look bad due to the intentional crappy cell phone cam look of the game, or are you able to make more stuff out? Like I said, I thought this would be a hard one to compare because of all the intentional awfulness of the look of the game.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword
    @natetodamax:

again I question how widespread it is. The only review ive seen is Jeffs that said anything like that. Maybe they got a bad disc?
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReyGitano
    @natetodamax said: 

@SlashseveN303: I'm pretty sure we're not talking about the same thing. Jeff said the developers are working on a patch for it. "

No... we're talking about the same thing. You just missed the irony I was trying to point out. Not your fault, the internet is emotionless that way. It's a real problem that makes the game seem unbearable, I'm just pointing out that dumb people will see that and assume it's part of the visual style since so much of it is a bit messed up on purpose.    
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @Raven_Sword: Well i'm not sure, what I can see is the console version doesn't have like high rez textures and as you said the effects will sort of hide or change the overall look. It looked very similar on both systems, however the pc version looks sort of different, like an extra layer of detail. It's really tough to compare. The effects isn't changing the look of the pc version that  much. It's a well optimized game, so I am not suprised if the ps3 can match the xbox360 version or look close, yet the texture work needs to be stronger to tell the games apart. I'm going to download the ps3 demo right after this post and compare for myself. However it doesn't really compare that well to the detailed pc version. Here is a screenshot, it's not 32XAA overided settings (looked slightly blurry), rather it's just enhance the anti aliasing settings. (sharper)  

You can see the extra detail in the hair, even on the clothes that might not otherwise be there, background and you can see into the distance while remaining clear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.