Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kentucky Route Zero

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 22, 2013

An indie adventure game about a secret highway in the caves beneath Kentucky. It was nominated for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize in the 2013 IGF awards.

Any word on when we can expect the next episode?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

Because the wait is absolutely killing me. The game is like if Sword & Sworcery didn't have horribly disappointing writing, and instead had a brilliant non-threatening Americana ghost story vibe.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

It seems like it's been delayed. They tweeted: "small delay (couple weeks) - we'll post some details here & in a newsletter soon :) thx for your patience!" So, maybe mid-May?

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I wonder how long it'll take for all the episodes to be released. I'm thinking of waiting until the episodes are all finished and play them all at once.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

@meptron said:

I wonder how long it'll take for all the episodes to be released. I'm thinking of waiting until the episodes are all finished and play them all at once.

>_> sigh, I'm probably going to do this too. Although, if it's an episodic game that's not by TellTale then it will probably take forever...

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@meptron: According to one of their Kickstarter updates the planned to release the episodes every 2-3 month. So the final one should appear around January 2014...

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By weegieanawrench

Hey yeah, I've been really jonesing for the next episode. I guess I can wait a few weeks, but that means at least another month and a half before the next one if this is going to be the pace. Bah.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

@meptron said:

>_> sigh, I'm probably going to do this too. Although, if it's an episodic game that's not by TellTale then it will probably take forever...

Is there already a fixed number of episodes? I remember hearing something to that effect, but I'm not sure. Is it 5?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder said:

@meptron said:

Is there already a fixed number of episodes? I remember hearing something to that effect, but I'm not sure. Is it 5?

Yeah, it's 5. So, I suppose it will be a long while before they're out. Perhaps even next year sometime.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@beachthunder: If they all come out, which is not a given by this point.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I can't wait for the next episode.

If you all are craving more of that style, try out Limits and Demonstrations, as well as Ruins. Both are quite worth checking out.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Trilogy

@meptron said:

Yep. Might as well not even bother since you'll just get hooked on it. Then you'll have to wait until you lose interest or forget what happened last episode. I'm waiting until they're all out.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By meptron

@meptron said:

@meptron: According to one of their Kickstarter updates the planned to release the episodes every 2-3 month. So the final one should appear around January 2014...

I'm also worried it'll take forever. They said every 2-3 months, but if the second ep is delayed it doesn't seem like that schedule will work out for them. It's been close to 4 months since the first ep!

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Iron_Tool

Where is Act 3?? it has been 6 months now... I wonder if they will continiuosly increase the publishing time between Acts.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Where is Act 3?? it has been 6 months now... I wonder if they will continiuosly increase the publishing time between Acts.

The delay is due to switching engines, they're now using Source engine and they released a tech demo recently 'The Entertainment' showing how the game will look in Source. I imagine future development time should be far shorter now they've made the switch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.