Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kerbal Space Program

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 27, 2015

Players create their own rockets from a variety of parts and then attempt to launch them into space.

Anyone else play on console yet?

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I never played the PC version, I've only watched stuff on youtube and Project Beast, but after playing for a few hours last night on PS4 it seems to work pretty well. I need to finish the tutorials to see if it addresses my concerns for the controls, and how certain information is presented. Yes, yes the PC version is obviously the way to go with mods and better performance, but as someone who doesn't want a PC I like it.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still waiting for a WiiU version as it seems like it would be a fun one to play it on with full gamepad support. Too bad that won't be until winter.

Avatar image for atomicpineapple
    atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it. Right now it seems really laggy, not sure if that's something that can be fixed through optimization later or if it's just a reality of the hardware limitations. Also, the game crashed after a few hours and it corrupted my save file so I had to start over. THAT I really hope they fix, because you could potentially play the career for a long ass time, and to lose a 100+ hour save file would be real bad. I'm still having a hard time getting used to the controls, because it's one of those things where there's waaay too much stuff to have to manage on the DS4, so there's a lot of button combinations. For instance, Circle toggles SAS but L1+Circle increases time step, which are two things you really don't want to mix up when you're re-entering atmosphere.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomicpineapple: Sorry to hear you lost a save, that sucks! The controls are the biggest problem I've had so far, but I think I'll get the hang of it in time. I really liked how they used the DS4's motion controls for fine movement of the mouse cursor, I'd rather they just put in mouse support, but that's a pretty neat way to address using a mouse on a controller.

Avatar image for atomicpineapple
    atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belowstupid I had to disable to motion controls because the cursor was shifting around as I was moving around on my bed. That being said, I'd absolutely play with a mouse if we could because trying to build stuff and click on tiny parts in-game is really not working with the DS4 joysticks.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm hoping for a Beastlook

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

Yes, I've played a bit. Also played it on PC.

It's a bit laggy at times, and the UI is abysmal. Even shifting the scale means it'll cover things like the spacecraft during tutorials.

If you absolutely want to play this game and cannot play on PC, it's serviceable. But it's a bare bones port.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.