Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kerbal Space Program

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 27, 2015

Players create their own rockets from a variety of parts and then attempt to launch them into space.

My attempt at piloting Giant Bomb's Project B.E.A.S.T. 04 to the Mun and back!

OrzBlueFog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OrzBlueFog

Inspired to get back into Kerbal after the B.E.A.S.T. series, I decided to faithfully recreate their most recent spacecraft to see if it could make it to the Mun and back with as few changes as possible. The only structural change was replacing drogue chutes with real parachutes to make it, you know, survivable. Other than that, the only change was the ignition order of the SRBs and piloting it a little differently.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I've created an imgur album here further detailing the adventure!

http://imgur.com/a/P1DBz

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very cool. good to know vinnys methodology is actually viable.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

This is awesome!

OrzBlueFog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@devil240z: I am impressed with the progress they have made - it took me a long time to make a Mun-viable rocket too. That said there are many optimizations that would make this thing a lot easier to fly. It's a real pain to get into orbit, the big stack of SRBs is very inefficient, and mounting the battery & nuclear fuel source on the outside of the pod was nearly a death sentence - both exploded on re-entry, coating a big chunk of Kerbin in radioactive isotopes.

Oops.

Still, massive kudos to them for getting as far as they have. Love the series. Reminds me of my own early struggles with the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.