Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kerbal Space Program

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 27, 2015

Players create their own rockets from a variety of parts and then attempt to launch them into space.

Space race?

parasite_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By parasite_evil

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but a thought came to my mind after reading Vinny's Kerbal tweet and Scott Manley's reply. What if GB West are starting up their own space program and enlisted the help of Scott Manley to get them quickly up to speed? What if getting into orbit winning best moment got them curious about space flight? What if the fourth best game of 2015 was played by everyone?

The Soviet Union vs America. East vs west. East vs West. It could be glorious.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could be something fun for Brad and Drew.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What is the actual tweet?

Unless they set the target for mars or something east has already won.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless it's Gamebomb.ru then it's not a proper space race.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hayt

Haha I love this conceptually but I wonder if it would work in practice. All the Giant Bomb West content would sort of be "reruns" for people who are up to date with the East videos. There are only so many times I'd watch someone bumble to the moon regardless of the personality. Secondly I'm not convinced the love for the game is there in the West.

parasite_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By parasite_evil

@hayt: I think it could work if BEAST completes their moon mission in the next episode or two. There are tons of goals they can compete at. Even if it's just in L.E/K.0. Brad and Drew are the obvious choice for hosts but man, I would love to see Jeff or Dan have a crack at space flight. But you're right, it is hard to see anyone at GB West getting into KSP the way Vinny did.

In my head, the idea of a Giant Bomb KSP space race is beautiful.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad and Drew are the obvious choice for hosts but man, I would love to see Jeff or Dan have a crack at space flight.

I can't imagine Jeff and Dan running a space program! All I can picture in my head are lots of explosions, swearing, and dead kerbals.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By arbayer2

The GB fan in me wants this to be an actual thing attempted one day -- but I've got no idea if it's something which can be implemented. I can imagine some sort of sketch where everyone's sitting on couches in both locations teleconferencing it like NASA, Jason/Drew occasionally throws in an overlay animation of a Kerbal silently screaming as a visual joke and then Vinny pilots the rocket into a goddamn asteroid completely on accident. Austin's just got facial expressions of shock, anguish and pensiveness on his face the whole time (and probably really good advice, to be fair), Alex is reading off the Apollo 13 mission report, Jeff and Jason are talking about great dark sci-fi movies, Drew's shouting piloting commands from the control room and Dan's gleefully sitting there waiting for the mis-staging with a spacesuited Waluigi on his shoulder. Scott, of course, is at a loss for words as far as advice goes, like the police precinct commissioner who's had enough of the loose cannon on the force.

Fanfiction aside, the hilarious thing about space is that it's still so new to us, and to the Kerbals. I hope whatever they're planning with Scott works out, it'll be fun to see what happens.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbayer2: That reminds me, it would be great to see the Giant Bomb crew attempt Artemis.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By arbayer2

@aethelred: Oh, absolutely. And Pulsar: Lost Colony, since it's basically the same thing with a somewhat expanded scope (you can get off your ship, which I don't think Artemis had).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.