Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kickstarter Funded

Concept »

Games that were funded through Kickstarter.

Skyjacker looks awesome - fund it already so I can play it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jimbo

Yo, Freelancer fans, Freespace fans, good Star Wars game fans and other assorted SPACE fans! Check this fucker out http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/al-skyjacker.

I've been keeping half an eye on the many space 'em ups on Kickstarter because this genre kicks (or 'kicked') ass. Most of them have looked terrible, but this one looks awesome and seems like it's being made by a competent team. Currently it only has 2200 backers which is ridiculous considering how many people (rightly) bang on about bringing this genre back.

It's not looking hopeful, because it only has 2 weeks to go and isn't even half way to it's target yet. But they're only after $200k, so if a small section of the media would like to pull their heads out of Peter Molyneux's metaphorical ass for 2 minutes and give some coverage to an actual game, it's still possible that it could be turned around in time. $15 pledge gets the game. Ok, I'm all shilled out, thank you.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

I'd rather click on a cube and have a chance to find out what is in the middle of it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jimbo

@CaLe said:

I'd rather click on a cube and have a chance to find out what is in the middle of it.

I hope Skyjacker is in the middle of it. Or snakes!

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Yeah... unfortunately this seems to be the first Kickstarter where I pledged which won't meet his goal... Seems a bit strange as this looks more polished than other successful Kickstarters and considering the fact that "a lot" (probably just a vocal minority as usual in the internet ;)) asking for this kind of space shooter...

The only "major" site I've found so far where this project gets some coverage seems to be RPS.

...Oh well, we'll see how this goes.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By onarum

this actually looks quite good, I'm no social media person so there's little that I can do to help the project other than my humble pledge I'm afraid, I'll go for the 40 bones one.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jimbo

@onarum said:

this actually looks quite good, I'm no social media person so there's little that I can do to help the project other than my humble pledge I'm afraid, I'll go for the 40 bones one.

I salute you, space comrade! With high fives.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.