A 3D fighting game heavily supervised by the original creators from Studio Trigger. Kill la Kill - If offers both the chance to recreate fight scenes from the anime and a story mode that takes an alternate path.
The following characters are confirmed playable:
- Ryuko Matoi: the tomboyish wielder of the giant Scissor Blade, she transfers into Honnouji Academy to find the missing half, and possibly her father's murderer with it.
- Satsuki Kiryuin: the Student Council President of Honnouji who rules over the academy with an iron fist. She wields the Bakuzan blade.
- Ira Gamagoori: One of the Elite Four, a hulking brute and total masochist who maintains discipline over the student body.
- Uzu Sanageyama: One of the Elite Four, a kendo master who oversees the athletic clubs at the academy.
- Houka Inumuta: One of the Elite Four, a master hacker and treasurer of the student council who uses his technology to quickly attack his enemies' weak points.
- Nonon Jakuzure: One of the Elite Four, the conductor of the Academy's marching band who oversees the non-athletic student clubs.
- Nui Harime: The Grand Couturier of REVOCS who murdered Ryuko's father and took one half of the Scissor Blade, but not before losing an eye to its other half.
- Ragyo Kiryuin: Satsuki's mother, President of Honnouji, and the CEO of REVOCS. Her true goals are a mystery.
- Ryuko Matoi (Dual-Wield): After taking the other half of the Scissor Blade from Nui, Ryuko has merged even further with Senketsu and transformed herself into an even more ferocious fighter.
- Satsuki Kiryuin (Dual-Wield): Merging herself fully with Junketsu's power, Satsuki wields both the Bakuzan Kōryu and Bakuzan Gako to cut down her enemies.
- [DLC] Mako Mankanshoku: Ryuko's first real friend at Honnouji and a total airhead. She comes into battle after being granted a special kamui that lets her go toe-to-toe with Ryuko.
- [DLC] Ultimate Double Naked DTR: Final form of Nudist Beach's special anti-kamui mecha, a fusion of both Aikuro Mikisugi's and Tsumugu Kinagase's DTRs.