Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer Instinct

Franchise »

A series of fast-paced fighting games from famous second-party developer Rare.

Looks Like Microsoft’s Bringing Back Killer Instinct (NOT!)

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ch3burashka

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/04/killer-instinct-trademark-renewal-refused

So, that's bullshit.

I'm guessing registering a trademark is different than simply putting out a product, but how is this rejected based on a cancelled 2005 show (that no one remembers), and yet Wipeout gets to make a game when there's been a ton of Wipeout racing games for about a decade before the show game came out?

Hopefully this doesn't put Microsoft off of still making it. I don't see the reason why they need a trademark anyway.

Also, isn't the phrase "Killer Instinct" just something that belongs to everyone? I'm pretty sure this came up before, where similar trademarks for common phrases were rejected on the basis of being too common.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

This isn't surprising.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

Pulled out my SNES last week, popped in Killer Instincts because I have great memories of it..... It is a terrible game. Probably no reason to bring it back.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Sackmanjones said:

This isn't surprising.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

Somewhere, a Microsoft trademark lawyer is sitting in a dejected slump, wondering what the hell just happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.