Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer Instinct

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The fighting game series that defined high-risk, high-reward combos returns as a free-to-play launch title for the Xbox One, later receiving constant updates with new characters and game modes. It can also be played on Windows 10 systems with cross-platform multiplayer.

Downloading on Windows 10

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Is anybody else having trouble downloading this game? First thing, I have no idea how to set the location where the game downloads. This is a problem because my primary hard drive is an ssd. The Windows 10 store isn't letting me limit my bandwith speed or even LOOK at how fast I'm downloading the game. Also it only lists how much I've downloaded in GB with resolution of a tenth of a gigabyte. My internet is really slow and I wanna download at 128kb/s. Without restricting downloads i should be able to get at least 300 kb/s. The thing is though I can't tell if the game is downloading at all because all it says is 0.1 GB of 21.7 GB and it's not changing. I can't tell if the windows store is downloading super slow or what's happening. It's unbelievable that the download speed is less thank 300kb/s as it's not saturating my bandwidth. How can they be releasing games on this platform when it's so painful to use for large file sizes?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

My windows store straight up tells me there's a problem with my connection and won't let me download anything. It seems like it always breaks at the ' acquiring licence' part of the install. I've gone through all the sfc scannow and DISM options already, launched 5 different troubleshooting applications, checked windows update, region settings and time settings and it still doesn't work.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: what a bummer, even origin and uplay are better than this. Cmon Microsoft, this is YOUR platform.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yeah I have the same issue as you (Small SSD as my main drive with Windows on it, 1 TB secondary drive I use for games). It's pretty insane that there isn't an option, at least easy to find, that allows you to pick where the files go.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

If definitely shows progress when downloading so if it's saying 0.1 GB, then it's just not working.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123: Thanks. It's actually changing but it's going really slow. I couldn't tell for the fast half hour because it only downloaded 100 mb in that half hour.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took awhile it seemed, though maybe not that slower than steam.

I feel weird as ive had no issues with it beyond my ps4 rap4 not working immediately.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seemed a bit slow but I left things running when I went out and it was done when I got back.

Then I started the game... "Wow, this is a bit difficult" I thought to myself, "Maybe a bit too fast?"

Turns out that the game freaks out whenever it sees a monitor of higher than 60hz and matches were happening at more than double speed. Fortunately it's just a couple of clicks to cap things at 60 in Nvidia Inspector but we really shouldn't have to do that, should we?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed a bit slow but I left things running when I went out and it was done when I got back.

Then I started the game... "Wow, this is a bit difficult" I thought to myself, "Maybe a bit too fast?"

Turns out that the game freaks out whenever it sees a monitor of higher than 60hz and matches were happening at more than double speed. Fortunately it's just a couple of clicks to cap things at 60 in Nvidia Inspector but we really shouldn't have to do that, should we?

I don't know, with fighting game reliance on frame data i bet higher refresh rates would give an unfair advatage? Either way, if that happens then movement is tied to the framerate which is likely engine level, which would be really terrible for any type of online play.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I've no problem with a fighting game being locked at 60, but KI on PC isn't, and should be. To make matters worse, running on a 120hz monitor doubles the speed of everything.

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are instructions on how to set the download location on the product page.

No Caption Provided

First thing, I have no idea how to set the location where the game downloads. This is a problem because my primary hard drive is an ssd.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razorramen: Doesn't that format the entire drive though?

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus: No, it just sets the default location to install apps from the windows store.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: @dave_tacitus:they're working on a fix according to Phil Spencer and it also says in the start screen. i know it's Iron Galaxy and nobody trusts them at all, but I have faith it'll be sorted out soon. This is their baby, pretty much.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shockingly this installed without a problem on my shitbox of a computer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.