Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer7

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 09, 2005

Killer7 follows Harman Smith, a wheelchair-bound assassin with multiple personalities that manifest as seven seemingly supernatural killers. And the premise is the least weird thing about the game.

Killer7 coming to steam.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://store.steampowered.com/app/868520/killer7/

I suspected this was coming since for the last 2 weeks Let It Die has had a bunch of Killer7 stuff in the game, so clearly he had sorted out the IP issues with Capcom, but it's still amazing to see it actually happening.

The game should look pretty good too, I remember seeing screenshots of this game emulated in 4k a while ago and it looked damn good there. The style lends itself well to HD.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bybeach

Can't wait to hear that intro music that (rightfully) sounded so much like the opening to A Clockwork Orange. That long note of disintegrating entropy descending to hell.

I don't really see this game holding up that well in contemporary times, but I do not care.

This is very good news, indeed. Been celebrating since I saw Alex tweet it.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Is this game good? Never played it, Suda is one of the few devs I've just completely missed out on. Not overly familiar with any of his work, but..now suddenly with this coming out on Steam and Grasshopper having a new No More Heroes on the Horizon (never played the original either obviously) it has peaked my curiosity. Anybody be able to give me the pitch on this game and Suda games in general?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh fuck yes.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This is the best video game news.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Been meaning to play that for quite some time now; I liked Killer is Dead quite a bit when I played it on Steam some months ago. Looking forward to this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@devise22: it’s a Suda game, so the visual flair greatly outweighs the gameplay.

I think the best playing game they’ve made to date is Killer is Dead.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hell yeah. I love being able to easily play games that I missed. Bring everything to PC, baby.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@devise22: the story makes metal Gear solid look like a chilien cartoon and the gameplay is everwhyere between holding one button in to move to watching a boss standing still for half an our until you’ve died enough to realize what you need to do when to beat him. It’s an insane game and I love it. Also, you slit your wrists as a woman to see secrets - that’s a bad part of it.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@devise22: Yeah it's not..."good", but IT'S SO GOOD. Do you want weird characters and cutscenes? Super dark chilling moments? Irreverent fluff that is hard to even put in to context? Gameplay straight out of a Peter Molydeux tweet? Style, colors and crazy amounts of flair? Then this might be the game for you.

Do you want to be shown a cohesive story on a chronological timeline with regular gameplay(for the time) that serves itself up in an easy to understand manner? Maybe don't play any Suda game ever.

Also, I haven't bought many/any NISA games for pc, but I don't read great things on their pc ports. Not sure how this is being handled overall though.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Oh shiiiiiit. One of the formative moments in my creative journey as a youth, this game. It made me understand artsy shit as not necessarily needing to be linear or cogent; that solid structures could still exist beneath craziness, even if the creator is trying to mess with you on purpose, ha. It's also just really stylish, but let's face it, it should have been a light-gun game, which is its only considerable flaw. New players will need to be warned I think, 'cos the controls are stiff, unintuitive, and just messy.

Watching the Game Informer crew replay this has been stupendously painful, so I can't wait to lose myself in Suda's trancey slices of WTF. That Texas level is so nuts, I can't wait.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

One of the greatest games of all time.

That's all I have to say about Killer7 every time it's mentioned. Played it for a second time last year and it was better than the first time. In the current political turmoil, this game is more important than ever; too important.

The country has been revealed for what it is -- a monster. But will anything change? You expect some revolution? Well, a dog can't do shit. Has a dying country ever created anything worth its salt?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FacelessVixen

Okay. Color me interested. Hope that the port is closer to the GameCube version as opposed to PS2.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh heck yes, I never played it but i'm really looking forward to it. It's been a while since i've played anything this weird and I feel like I really need to again.

Avatar image for evilmonkeyslayer
    EvilMonkeySlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EvilMonkeySlayer

I find it funny how they use footage using the Dolphin emulator in that video.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice!

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Please don't fuck this up NISA. Please.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the recent Game Informer Super Replay of this game, and quite enjoyed it. Pretty surprising the news of the Steam release drops the day the series concluded.

VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, by the way, I did this over the weekend...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what? It's been long enough. Time to be a sexually abused grandpa all over again!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it will be great, but if they sell a product that runs on dolphin, it would be pretty funny.

chibi_kaji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chibi_kaji

Nice, been wanting to replay this for a while now. Was just too lazy to go dig up my Game Cube to play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

An older friend loaned me this game when I was like 12 and I was not ready for it. Very interested to go back and finally complete it. No More Heroes is the shit and should make its way to pc with its sequel. Ubisoft developed those, anyone know if Nintendo put any money into them, since they were Wii games?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@sloppydetective: I don't think so, Grasshopper partnered with a lot of different publishers for NMH games, not once with Nintendo.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

C-C-C-C-C-c-c-CLASSSSSSSSsssSIC!!

What good news. So good.

VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective:Your friend is the shit (or just shit, maybe, 12 years old?). No More Heroes was developed by Ubisoft though, Konami published the game on PS3 and 360. Come to think of it... I don't think Grasshopper worked with a major publisher for more than one game except Kadokawa Games (Killer7 was Capcom, No More Heroes was Ubisoft/Konami, Shadows of the Damned was EA, Lollipop Chainsaw was Warner Bros., Killer Is Dead was Deep Silver in Europe...)

@dan_citi: Yeah... I guess the cover's been blown, hasn't it? I saw that GAF cover for Killer7 like 6 years ago and it never left my mind. But there are some you see that are just too good and can never be replaced by anything else, because how could they? This one and the WarioWare are the GAF collection covers that I love the most, and they are the two games I waited the longest before making my own custom cover because they just would have copied them. They're just that good. But I mean... you can still work around those concepts with different fonts and dispositions.

Alick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want a series on that game. yes i said it and idgaf

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By TheChris

Ported by NISA which doesn’t bode well, even so would rather buy it on GoG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.