Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer7

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 09, 2005

Killer7 follows Harman Smith, a wheelchair-bound assassin with multiple personalities that manifest as seven seemingly supernatural killers. And the premise is the least weird thing about the game.

Suda51 to try to talk to Capcom about rereleasing Killer7

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First the source: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/09/02/pax-suda51-wants-to-remaster-killer7/224142/

Remastering/remaking seems to be a thing on Suda's mind recently, what with the first English release of The Silver Case coming up and him straight up having a panel at PAX about the task of rereleasing old works to a new audience. Though stressing that anything is far from set in stone, he has expressed his wishes to talk to Capcom, the game's original publisher, about rereleasing Killer7, something that I've been obnoxiously campaigning about for years.

The title of the article claims that it will be a remaster, but I have serious doubts about that. If anything comes out of this, I would just expect a HD-ified version of the game rejigged to run on modern consoles and PCs. A remaster would be incredible, if only because of the amount of content that was infamously scrapped for the game (seriously, the companion book to the game, hand in Killer7, mainly only serves to raise more questions than it answers, if only because of how much content in it is never present or hinted at in the game), but I'm not holding out any hope. However, that's even assuming Capcom is interested. Suda's popularity has increased quite a bit since the release of Killer7, so it may be entirely possible that a HD rerelease of the game now would sell better than the original ever did.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remaster generally just means cleaning up a few things like textures and bugs and possibly increasing the resolution. It's equivalent to remastering in music, going back to the master tapes and producing a new mix, often benefiting from new technology and techniques for a cleaner clearer sound.

Adding in cut sections and redoing parts of the game is rare in a remaster, but more common in a full on remake (which involves generating new assets and often a new engine etc...)

I would like either a remaster or remake of Killer 7. It's a unique weird game and it's expensive.

Given how Capcom is re-releasing everything under the sun right now it does seem possible. They should do it.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I feel like an HD remaster will be a significant investment for the voice actors and cutscenes, and I wonder if it would sell enough to make it back. It will be a tough sell for Capcom. It would be nice though!

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would buy this day one! I loved that game, but played it only once and remember next to nothing about it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wunderbar!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this goes through and Capcom does rerelease a not broken port of the game, I will buy it because I never had the chance to play it before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I tried to play this game when I was in junior high. I had no idea what was going on, so I would love to be able to play it today. The GC version is super expensive, the PS2 less so but still more than what you would want to pay. I would love for a No More Heroes collection on PSN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.