Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Finding this to be very frustrating, any tips?

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By gauzy

So, I'm just starting to play Killzone 2's singleplayer. I started on the hardest difficulty available to me, because I generally like a challenge, but I am simply getting slaughtered. Oftentimes I won't even be able to see what's killed me, and for the times when I can, hiding behind cover only partially obscures me, and I'll still manage to die. 

I'm loving the atmosphere and feel of the game, I'm just frustrated dying so often. I'd consider myself a hardcore gamer, I'll typically play games on the hardest difficulty, but this is just crazy. Should I be more mobile, darting to different cover points? Should I seek out the high ground and pop out every few seconds to lay down a burst? I'm realizing that unless I'm aiming for the head I can expect to go through an entire clip to take some baddies down, but does anybody have any other advice?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The Helgast are smart. They DO flank you. Turn down the setting. 

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gauzy

I've considered this, is it possible to do once a campaign is underway, or will I need to restart? Forgive me if this is an obvious question, I'm away from my PS3 right now and didn't see the option to dial it down mid mission.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Gauzy said:
    " I've considered this, is it possible to do once a campaign is underway, or will I need to restart? Forgive me if this is an obvious question, I'm away from my PS3 right now and didn't see the option to dial it down mid mission. "
    I am not sure. I played way back when it was released. I am also guessing you arnt used to the controls. The weapons do feel heavy. You will adjust. 
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88

I think you'll need to restart. I wanted to change it to the easiest setting (I'm a PC player, so I was crappy with the controls), after playing half way through on normal, but couldn't find a way to do so.

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gauzy
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Gauzy said:
    " I've considered this, is it possible to do once a campaign is underway, or will I need to restart? Forgive me if this is an obvious question, I'm away from my PS3 right now and didn't see the option to dial it down mid mission. "
    I am not sure. I played way back when it was released. I am also guessing you arnt used to the controls. The weapons do feel heavy. You will adjust.  "
    i'll be honest, the 'heavy' controls don't bother me too much. i am not a cod player, i preferred bad company, and those guns have  a similar weight to them. in generaly i like the more tactical experience as opposed to arcadey, zippy controls. i like the slower paced feeling. 

i think one of my major issues is that i am used to the resistance offered by the 360's sticks, and the ps3's are extremely floaty by comparison. 

thanks for the tips so far guys!
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Gauzy said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Gauzy said:
    I am not sure. I played way back when it was released. I am also guessing you arnt used to the controls. The weapons do feel heavy. You will adjust.  "
    i'll be honest, the 'heavy' controls don't bother me too much. i am not a cod player, i preferred bad company, and those guns have  a similar weight to them. in generaly i like the more tactical experience as opposed to arcadey, zippy controls. i like the slower paced feeling.  i think one of my major issues is that i am used to the resistance offered by the 360's sticks, and the ps3's are extremely floaty by comparison.  thanks for the tips so far guys! "
    AHA!. Someone else who did not mind the controls. This game is hard on the upper settings. 
    gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gauzy

definitely realizing that. i'm only about three missions in, so restarting wouldn't be a huge deal. 

has me excited for killzone 3, that;s for sure.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superfriend

No, you don´t have to restart the entire game. There´s a "mission select" option in the main menu. Use that and select the last mission you played. Turn down the difficulty. You´ll have to start that mission from the beginning though.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Gauzy said:
    " definitely realizing that. i'm only about three missions in, so restarting wouldn't be a huge deal.   has me excited for killzone 3, that;s for sure. "
    Now I wanna go pick up Killzone 2 again. 
    gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gauzy
    @Superfriend said:
    " No, you don´t have to restart the entire game. There´s a "mission select" option in the main menu. Use that and select the last mission you played. Turn down the difficulty. You´ll have to start that mission from the beginning though. "
    thanks!
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Swaboo
    @Gauzy: Like Superfriend said, there is a mission select and you can continue on any difficulty you chose. I gave up on finishing that game on the hardest difficulty a long time ago and the only trophy I needed to get the platinum was finishing it on that  difficulty. I think of jumping back in once in a while but i'd rather play other games.
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By copycatzen

keep on the hardest difficulty... I did that... I guess u r NOT hardcore. just kidding.... the very last two missions are a pain in the ass btw... u just need to get used to the controls.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Go to level select, last level you played, than play it on a lower difficulty. It will stay the same difficulty from there on.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Gauzy: Lol you know what a coincidence i also started playing the campaign again just recently and Im having the same experience as you are having now playing the elite difficulty. I just realized my death count in the mission after visari square was 46. :o  

I guess no matter how much I play this I dont think I'll can get the hang of an FPS on a console especially when the enemy moves faster than you aim, even with the sensitivity maxed out. I guess the only way out of the frustration is to tone down the difficulty unless you really want that trophy. lol 

@copycatzen said:
    " keep on the hardest difficulty... I did that... I guess u r NOT hardcore. just kidding.... the very last two missions are a pain in the ass btw... u just need to get used to the controls. "
    Damn! yeah I already had such a tough time on those missions on veteran difficulty and I cannot imagine what it'll be like when I reach that on elite difficulty. :o
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I beat the game on the hardest difficulty (Elite, I think?) it was a while ago now but remember to take cover often and pick your shots, do not stay in the open as they will pump you full of lead in seconds, just be very careful of what you do.

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By KinjiroSSD

As someone whose beaten it on Elite, my advice is keep your head down and be aware of enemy movement. Don't be afraid to fall back if they start to encroach on you.The AI is very smart, especially on Elite, so don't charge into the open if they have an advantage in numbers. On lower difficulties they won't flank or cover fire for their buddies as much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.