Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Hyped for KZ2, but never played the first KZ?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

With the first Killzone being a disappointment, I would imagine that the majority didn't bother buying/playing it, like me. But Killzone 2 looks awesome, and I reckon it will attract a lot more people then the first, just by it's stunning graphics alone.

So who here is hyped for Killzone 2, without having played the original?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Like I have always said, KZ1 had potential, but the system held it back. You could so easily tell that they were trying to work the system, far too heavily. I played the original and I thought it was ok, but had a lot of weak points. Now with PS3 I feel they can make the game they want to.

mojovonious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mojovonious

I think if you play the original, you won't be as hyped for the sequel.

kid9bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By kid9bit

Looks like another generic shooter to me.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scullinator

Showing up a little late to the PS3 party I never played KZ1 either.  Just too many shooters and too little time.  Everything I have seen on the second game gets me pumped but is the first game worth picking up to catch up on the story line?

mojovonious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mojovonious

No, the universe isn't all that well developed.

I just really hope the vary the environments a little.

Grey Building, Grey Block, Grey Street... gets a little tiresome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mojovonious said:
    "I think if you play the original, you won't be as hyped for the sequel.
    "

Uhhh, big time false.

mojovonious said:
    "No, the universe isn't all that well developed.

I just really hope the vary the environments a little.

Grey Building, Grey Block, Grey Street... gets a little tiresome.
    "

This game is as gray as Gears 2, have you not seen the new level? PLUS we have only seen 2 levels out of the whole game, so your judging on grayness prematurely.

kid9bit said:
    "Looks like another generic shooter to me.
    "

Look into it more, read about the MP and watch some videos, this is no more generic then CoD4, which was an awesome shooter.

mojovonious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mojovonious

Who said anything about Gears? This is a topic about Killzone 2. Also, in the quote you took, I said "I HOPE THEY VARY THE ENVIRONMENTS" meaning I HOPE WE SEE LEVELS THAT ARE VARIED. Which makes your astute observation of my pre-mature judging all the more useless.

You're going to be one of those people that attack anyone that is skeptical about the game by comparing it to games on the 360 and saying "BBBUT FABLE 2 DOESN'T HAVE AWESOME RELOAD ANIMATIONS!", aren't you?

kid9bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By kid9bit

I'm not much of a multiplayer type of person, I prefer deep single player experiences in shooters like Bioshock and Half-Life. I did not like COD4 because even though the game play mechanics may be great, the setting, atmosphere, mission objectives are generic, they're the same as all the Medal of Honor, Battlefield and other COD games.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Do not play the first one.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jeffsekai

I played the first one and it was terrible, KZ2 to me is just a graphics display...showing what the ps3 can do much like Crysis --> pc

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, I only played it for like, 5 minutes at a friends, but still pretty excited for KZ2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mojovonious said:
    "Who said anything about Gears? This is a topic about Killzone 2. Also, in the quote you took, I said "I HOPE THEY VARY THE ENVIRONMENTS" meaning I HOPE WE SEE LEVELS THAT ARE VARIED. Which makes your astute observation of my pre-mature judging all the more useless.

You're going to be one of those people that attack anyone that is skeptical about the game by comparing it to games on the 360 and saying "BBBUT FABLE 2 DOESN'T HAVE AWESOME RELOAD ANIMATIONS!", aren't you?
    "

No I wasnt attacking you lmao. My point was Gears 2 looks and will be amazing, and even it has 'gray' environments, that was my point. I wasn't attacking if you read my post again, sorry if I came off that way. ;)
    blu_magnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By blu_magnet

Well i thoroughly enjoyed Killzone 1 and am eagerly anticipating KZ2. I mean there were problems with KZ1 but i know KZ2 will be awesome

TECHSev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TECHSev

I can't wait for a next gen FPS in a viva pinata colored world.  Grey and Brown is getting old.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

mojovonious...first attempt to start a war ReTarDedFisHy has seen on these forums...
    On topic, I uhh... actually really liked the first one. Thought it was pretty cool. Not amazing, but certainly not terrible.

mojovonious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mojovonious
    Sentry said:
    "mojovonious said:
    "Who said anything about Gears? This is a topic about Killzone 2. Also, in the quote you took, I said "I HOPE THEY VARY THE ENVIRONMENTS" meaning I HOPE WE SEE LEVELS THAT ARE VARIED. Which makes your astute observation of my pre-mature judging all the more useless.

"

No I wasnt attacking you lmao. My point was Gears 2 looks and will be amazing, and even it has 'gray' environments, that was my point. I wasn't attacking if you read my post again, sorry if I came off that way. ;)
    "
    No worries, I was a bit hostile.

ReTarDedFisHy said:
    "mojovonious...first attempt to start a war ReTarDedFisHy has seen on these forums...
    On topic, I uhh... actually really liked the first one. Thought it was pretty cool. Not amazing, but certainly not terrible."
    Quiet, you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TECHSev said:
    "I can't wait for a next gen FPS in a viva pinata colored world.  Grey and Brown is getting old.
    "

Do you expect the Helghast home planet to be filled with rainbows? Lmao, funny how people complain about it with KZ2 (after seeing 2 levels) but no one every complains about it in other triple A titles.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant wait for Killzone 2 too but never played the first one. One of my friends did so maybe he can fill me in.

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Met2609

I guess playing the first Killzone isn't necessary. It actually might be a painful experience for some. If you MUST know the story details, I guess you can just find them on Wikipedia, or perhaps, Giant Bomb.

TECHSev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TECHSev
    Sentry said:
    "TECHSev said:
    "I can't wait for a next gen FPS in a viva pinata colored world.  Grey and Brown is getting old.
    "

Do you expect the Helghast home planet to be filled with rainbows? Lmao, funny how people complain about it with KZ2 (after seeing 2 levels) but no one every complains about it in other triple A titles.
    "
    I never said I wanted it in KZ2, I said I can't wait to see it in a new game.  And I'm not complaining about KZ2, I'm making a point about next gen FPS in general.

So yes I am complaining about the OTHER AAA titles
    Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy
    mojovonious said:
    "Quiet, you."

XD
    Nonetheless, KZ2 is going to be great... at least, we hope anyway. ReTarDedFisHy just really hopes that KZ2 doesnt end up being a flop like the first KZ, but there's no sign of anything like that as of yet. Multiplayer looks surprisingly good...
    oGShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oGShAdY
    samcotts said:
    "With the first Killzone being a disappointment, I would imagine that the majority didn't bother buying/playing it, like me. But Killzone 2 looks awesome, and I reckon it will attract a lot more people then the first, just by it's stunning graphics alone.

So who here is hyped for Killzone 2, without having played the original?
    "
    I can say I'm definitely hyped for the game, but then again, I played the original extensively. How extensively you ask? I played the online multiplayer for over 2 years. I really enjoyed the game. Anyone that did play it knows that, even with the games many faults, the unique experience of the time made it worth while and engaging (lobby system, stat tracking, realism). If anyone else who played online needs proof of that fact, my Killzone IDs were: NOOBSMOKER, VAPORSMOKER, and -oG-ShAdY, not to mention the aliases a_blind-man and dies_a_lot. So, when I look at everything Guerrilla has done with the sequal to Killzone I can't bother but get a big grin on my face and prepare for war. By the way: Visit http://originalgamerz.blogspot.com/ To see my scores from Killzone multiplayer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TECHSev said:
    "Sentry said:
    "TECHSev said:
    "

"
    I never said I wanted it in KZ2, I said I can't wait to see it in a new game.  And I'm not complaining about KZ2, I'm making a point about next gen FPS in general.

So yes I am complaining about the OTHER AAA titles
    "

But this is about KZ2! Lol, but yeah I kinda agree some colorful games once and a while would be nice, but thats why I have R&C. :P
    mezzanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mezzanine

Even though I never played online, I must admit that the original Killzone was a pretty good game. Yes it did have its share of bugs and glitches, but overall it was a great game with a lot of potential to be a huge and successful series. I think a big problem is that a lot of people played Killzone expecting an FPS revolution, because of all the media hype. I went in expecting a solid game and that's what I got. So for anyone who hasn't played the original, I say pick it up used and cheap if you can.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b56fc03f47
    deactivated-590b56fc03f47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killzone 2 looks like its going to be a good shooter for the ps3. I played a demo of the original killzone and i thought the controlls where terriable and the AI was pretty bad but loads of people loved the full version somehow.

oGShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oGShAdY
    mezzanine said:
    "Even though I never played online, I must admit that the original Killzone was a pretty good game. Yes it did have its share of bugs and glitches, but overall it was a great game with a lot of potential to be a huge and successful series. I think a big problem is that a lot of people played Killzone expecting an FPS revolution, because of all the media hype. I went in expecting a solid game and that's what I got. So for anyone who hasn't played the original, I say pick it up used and cheap if you can.
    "
    I couldn't have said that any better. I guess someone else out there had the same approach to the game I had.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mezzanine said:
    "Even though I never played online, I must admit that the original Killzone was a pretty good game. Yes it did have its share of bugs and glitches, but overall it was a great game with a lot of potential to be a huge and successful series. I think a big problem is that a lot of people played Killzone expecting an FPS revolution, because of all the media hype. I went in expecting a solid game and that's what I got. So for anyone who hasn't played the original, I say pick it up used and cheap if you can.
    "

I agree 100% bro.
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By Turtlefuzz

I liked the first Killzone, I didn't love it. But sure, I thought it was fun, like 4 out of 5 stars, I didn't play the multiplayer but the single player was fun, so you could say I'm hyped for KZ2. I rented the first one and thought it was decent, and I think this one looks pretty sweet.

pwnmaster3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pwnmaster3001

the first one was ok. u should pick it up

HighBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HighBall

i didnt play the first one either cause i heard of all the glitches,but i played the psp killzone and even though it was different gameplay wise, it was great and got me into the killzone brand.the helghast are a great enemy.so im also stoked about killzone 2

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shocker

I think KZ2 looks pretty sweet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.