Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2, A Chance For Rebirth?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Hey guys Kaos here,

As a guy who has not much to play here in Tokyo due to over priced games, my eye has been set on Killzone 2.  You might ask, why not Resistance or a PC shooter...well, I own a Macbook.  The only shooter I play is CS 1.6 and I do it beautifully.  As for the 360, I left it back in the States and I picked up a PS3! 

I played the first Killzone and it was decent, not as bad as people let it off to be. 

I think Killzone 2 will be it's rebirth, hopefully even console shooter of the year! 

Hopeful, maybe a bit.  :)

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By faustyn

Yeah, i'm pretty stoked about killzone2. i hope they'll improve everything that was terrible in killzone1 (i hated it. i really wanted to like it because of awesome designs and stuff but everything was just broken imo) and add some new ideas to the genre.
    can't wait!
    also...probably because of this game i'll finally get a ps3.

drewm135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By drewm135

Killzone was a huge diassapointment for me and I'm a little scared to put so much faith into its sequel. But dang, that game looks good and apparently it plays good. Guranteed so many people will play this game. But, the problem I see for the franchise is that most people will have never played the original and they WON"T want to play the original because of its problems. They start with the 2nd one and the won't want to deal with the glitches that were in the first. The only way I think to bridge this game is try and do a MGS4 database type thing that will explain the story to people who simply do not want to go back to find this old PS2 title.

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NinjaMunkey

I cant wait for the game, it looks very good so far!

StoneFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StoneFury

Killzone 1 was a fun game. I think people were overcritical because it was compared to Halo.

kratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kratos

Killzone wasn't terrible the problem for me was the framerate and from all accounts and videos Killzone 2 doesn't have that problem.  I'm pretty stocked though it looks fantastic.

Dingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dingo

Killzone looks amazing, but theres just not much to get excited about  other than the graphics, art style. Everything else seems a little average but I would like it to change my mind and it to be great.

grievous113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By grievous113

I think this game is going to be awsome. My only concern is much like other people's concerns is that I really feel the game is too linear. Basically get "this gun here" and shoot "this bridge there." I hope this will pan out better than I expect. But the rest of the game looks really good.

Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pikachu
    NinjaMunkey said:
    "I cant wait for the game, it looks very good so far!"
    I can't wait either
    mrmusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrmusicmaker

I`m looking forward to this game because I love FPS`s. As for worries about the linear nature of the game, I thought Halo, Resistance, Half-Life 2 and Call of Duty 4 were pretty linear, but this didn`t bother me because the games really drew you into the world. If Killzone 2 can do this as effectively, then I think we`re in for a great experience.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TEAMHOLT
    Dingo said:
    "Killzone looks amazing, but theres just not much to get excited about  other than the graphics, art style. Everything else seems a little average but I would like it to change my mind and it to be great."
    I felt the same way, but there's an article at ArsTechnica about the multiplayer that makes the game far more interesting to me.
    Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tanuki

I'll admit Killzone 2 looks amazing graphically.  But I unfortunately had purchased Killzone 1 when it came out.  And that was, (in my opinion :P)... not a good game.  Killzone 2 could be good, it could be great!  But considering how mediocre and technically problematic Killzone 1 was and how few and far between information and gameplay footage has been for Killzone 2, I'm not holding my breath.  

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive

Killzne 2 has a seriously intriguing online component. serious clan organization with the ability to place wagers on matches is an excellent idea. i cant wait to assemble a good clan and start betting others in matches. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
    deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone could have been amazing but the gameplay really let it down hopefully killzone 2 will fix everything that was wrong with the original

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive

i dont think people should be even thinking of killzone 1 really. that game had a very small dev team and made an over ambitious title for an aging hardware. killzone 2 is an all new game. this game will no doubt get a 5 star rating on this website. 

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Dude KZ2 looks totally badass

Telecomdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Telecomdog

After Metal Gear this has to be a system mover for the PS3.  It looks awesome and from what I read it plays great to boot, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the first great FPS on the PS3.

TheFro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheFro

Killzone 2 is really shaping up to be a kickass game. I just hope this time around a decent sniper rifle is in the game. Killzone's sniper rifle was pretty meh...

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By changgo

There certainly seems to be an unyielding apatite for well-designed shooters.  If Killzone 2 can deliver what it has promised, and what many people expect of it, it has be potential to be a very entertaining title.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By BlackWaterCO

This will get me to dust off the ol' PS3 60GB outta the closet

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By youstolemykill

Killzone 2 looks pretty cool, but can it really even match the awesomeness that is CoD4?

Equilibria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Equilibria

Killzones online portion to the game seems to have sold it to me.
    The idea of a betting system for clans is genius!
    Surely going to make clan vs. clan more competitive

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chojin

Sure, I know it wasn’t flawless, but the design of everything from weapons to vehicles and buildings is absolutely fantastic.

Of course Halo was a greater achievement technically, but the design of that game, especially the enemies, ruined the entire experience for me.

Killzone really managed to captivate me with its gritty and realistic sci-fi world were I could easily recognize and believe the things I saw.

Speaking of design. I seriously suspect that someone at Guerilla is a big fan of the anime  movie Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

Comparison shot:

Jin-Ghast
    Jin-Ghast
    CodeFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CodeFire
    Chojin said:
    "

I actually loved the first one. I mean really, really loved it, to the extent where I talked about it for ages and forced anyone I knew to buy it.

Sure, I know it wasn’t flawless, but the design of everything from weapons to vehicles and buildings is absolutely fantastic.

Of course Halo was a greater achievement technically, but the design of that game, especially the enemies, ruined the entire experience for me.

Killzone really managed to captivate me with its gritty and realistic sci-fi world were I could easily recognize and believe the things I saw.

Speaking of design. I seriously suspect that someone at Guerilla is a big fan of the anime  movie Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

Comparison shot:

Jin-Ghast
    Jin-Ghast
    "
    They based some of their design off of german design; Half-Life 2 did as well. As for what I think? I can't wait to get my hands on the atmospheric and, (hopefully) engaging storyline. Multiplayer should be a blast to play as well.
    Drakulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Drakulla

Killzone 1 was a great game, it had an excellent story and the graphics were awesome. It just had several technical issues (pop-up, texture loading & frame rate)  that kept it from being the Halo killer it was supposed to be. Now that the Halo trilogy is complete, is Killzone 2 still a Halo killer. Its been over 5 years since the first Killzone and they are still working on the game. Hopefully Killzone 2 will not disappoint, and they better not make a real time strategy after this one is done.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By normajean777
    CodeFire said:
    "Chojin said:
    "

I actually loved the first one. I mean really, really loved it, to the extent where I talked about it for ages and forced anyone I knew to buy it.

Comparison shot:

Jin-Ghast
    Jin-Ghast
    "
    They based some of their design off of german design; Half-Life 2 did as well. As for what I think? I can't wait to get my hands on the atmospheric and, (hopefully) engaging storyline. Multiplayer should be a blast to play as well.
    "
    yeah just from the opening movie the helghast reminded  me of the germans
    epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By epic_pets

yea of course, even thoug its to short of a series for rebirth

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth is probably the best word to describe KZ2, LOL!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pause422

Killzone 1's main knock against it any reviews seemed to give were technical issues,it was just  ahead of its time in some areas,and had plenty of bugs and shit that shouldn't of been there. Pretty much everyones reaction with seeing Killzone 2 recently has been extremely positive. Hands down without a doubt,even if it isn't a "absolutely fucking amazing game" Killzone 2 will definitely be a really good,fun game to play,you can tell that already.

thefjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thefjk

Dunno about Killzone, I need a demo!

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Brad

I played about 15 minutes of Killzone 2 at E3, and it impressed the hell out of me. It runs smoother and more consistently than the first one, the biggest problem of which was a lousy/unreliable frame rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad said:
    "I played about 15 minutes of Killzone 2 at E3, and it impressed the hell out of me. It runs smoother and more consistently than the first one, the biggest problem of which was a lousy/unreliable frame rate.
    "

Humina humina humina!

You get a chance to see the MP? That is what has gotten me amped, even more then the SP (with co-op). Did you have a problem with the teammates voices though? They seem hella annoying at times, or too macho like Gears.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheFro said:
    "Killzone 2 is really shaping up to be a kickass game. I just hope this time around a decent sniper rifle is in the game. Killzone's sniper rifle was pretty meh...
    "

You see the video of the sniper? Seems nailed to me.
    pwnmaster3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pwnmaster3001

its going to be cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pwnmaster3001 said:
    "its going to be cool"

No wayz.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.