Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone2: Story, controls, and MP

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

SO, I bought Killzone 2 for 30 bucks new at GameStop a good while back. For one I have to say that, yes, the controls are different and to me, they suck. As for the story, forget it, it's useless. No good connection between plots and it really doesn't draw you in. This IS a launch title anyway so lack of story and controls show how much the developers really didn't tend to better design this game rather than just push it for its release. Multiplayer, ah yes. The only good aspect of the game, although I'd rather not pay 30 bucks for a story that lacks my interest, controls that still have delay time no matter how many ppl tend to BAWWW even AFTER patch updates., and not too much replay value other than that. I'm still going through the story to finish where I left off, but seriously, I'm tempted to just quit and trade it in.
    tl;dr Killzone 2 just isn't for me

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

Killzone 2 wasn't a launch title. the delayed controls really didn't make it any fun for me to play any multiplayer. even with the high precision option patched in, it wasn't fun at all to play. 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

it wasn't a launch title. KZ 3 controls improved things quite a lot. Made it fun, the story is still shit though.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

It wasn't a launch title..what are you talking about?

I really liked how the controls felt, the weight was a nice change of pace. The multiplayer didn't do it for me....how each match just turned into people running into spawns with their rocket launchers out gave me the impression that it was a piece of shit.

And yeah the story is garbage.

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

Hmm...I thought it was a launch title :p sorry I was misinformed.

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx
    @CandiBunni: I guess everyone has a preference to what style of button and control layout they like, for me COD style is fun, but sometimes it does get hard to aim at ppl if the sensitivity is up too high :p
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror
    @xXDiabloFanXx said:
    I thought it was a launch title.
    There's a website that can tell you that.
    marvin_martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By marvin_martian

I personally enjoyed the different feel of the controls.  And ya, the story was meh but the multiplayer was amazing.  KZ2 is one of my favorite fps multiplayer games honestly.  I just love the long rolling match types.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.