Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

well that was a waste of money....

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

so i bought Killzone 2 last night. i guess in prep for killzone 3. so i decided, hey! the new maps are only 11 bucks. might as well give them a go. turns out no one is playing with them! or no one who is still playing killzone 2 owns them. Thats a major bummer.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Shadow

Yeah, I almost bought those myself until I realized that would happen.  But hey, at least the multiplayer that came with the game is kickass.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

Yeah, I thought no one would be playing them, so I decided not to buy them.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SSully

That is why i hate maps as paid DLC, because it always separates the community, and are only played for a few weeks before the old maps take back over. 

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Jackel2072

i figured the matchmaking was segregating me from the rest of the community who had them.  i guess i was dead wrong.

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunharp

While not as popular they still get played, just this weekend I got maybe 4 hours in on the DLC maps. So give it another shot. Though after playing some of the KZ3 beta...man can't wait. I think the most annoying part of the DLC maps (besides the lack of people playing them) is the garbage trophy's they come with that dominate the KZ2 list of trophies.

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Ghost249
    @Gunharp: Agreed, what also makes me furious is the fact that I almost had my Platinum trophy in that game until they released these trophies... that aren't addon/bonus/extra trophies... Now I'm reequired to buy the DLC in order to obtain the singe most thing I was so close too? Lame...
    I enjoy the game and franchise still though :D
    Helghast are the best looking Baddies in general IMO
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andorski

Never buy DLC maps for this reason.  Only games with huge online communities like Halo and CoD have a userbase pool to have their pay-for maps consistently used.

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gunharp
    @Andorski:  

I think the concept of most of the maps were cool. But Killzone 2 has a large enough community that they would have been played if they were just better.  

The stock maps are better and that I think has more to do with it. I really have no motivation to play on them besides the small challenge represented by the trophies. Alll of those new maps while stellar to look at, are to simple, narrow, and all about close-range. I think maybe the exception would be Southern Hills and Arctower Landing, those maps can get a good tempo going given that the player count isn't 32. Which it usually is.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " so i bought Killzone 2 last night. i guess in prep for killzone 3. so i decided, hey! the new maps are only 11 bucks. might as well give them a go. turns out no one is playing with them! or no one who is still playing killzone 2 owns them. Thats a major bummer. "
    should have asked man. I would have told you not to buy them.
    korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By korolev

No one is playing KZ2 at all. At least, not in my region. It's been like this for the past 9 months or so - I still half-heartedly check in once a month for a bit to see if anyone's playing - and even on a public holiday, at 6pm, which is usually when you'd find most players.... the thing's a ghost town. Which is really sad, but that's what happens to most Multiplayer games.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By metalmoog

I hear your pain. I bought the map pack last year when I first got Killzone 2 and still haven't seen those maps. They never come up in a playlist, no one is ever on them. Killzone 2 is a ghost town because everyone has been playing the open beta and are now getting super excited prepped up for Killzone 3 on Tuesday!

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By DoctorTran

Yeah, I did this a few weeks ago... I feel... pain.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aus_azn

I don't see how "only $11" for new maps is cheap. Then and again, we have MW2 to blame for that.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By TwilitEnd656

... I wouldn't pay for new maps after such a long time; especially so when the sequel is due in five days.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Boiglenoight
    @SSully said:
    " That is why i hate maps as paid DLC, because it always separates the community, and are only played for a few weeks before the old maps take back over.  "
    True.  Better to consider free DLC content as an investment into the game itself, in so much that it keeps players playing, keeping up the popularity of the game, and possibly as a result, attracting new players.  If the DLC is especially noteworthy and released on a consistent basis, keeping the full game at normal retail price for a longer period of time would be more reasonable as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.