Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

1.04 patch notes

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY

• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
    • Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
    • Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
    • Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
    • Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
    • Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
    • Performance – Improvements to party creation server load
    • Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
    • Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
    • Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
    • Menu - Single click squad invite
    • Menu - Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons
    • Security - Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes

BUG FIXES

• Stability – Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
    • Stability – Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps
    • Gameplay - Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
    • Gameplay - The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
    • Gameplay - Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
    • Gameplay - Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
    • Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
    • Gameplay – Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
    • Gameplay – Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
    • Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries
    • Functionality – Disc eject now handled more gracefully
    • Trophies - DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2
    • Clan functionality – Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone.
    • Menu - Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
    • Menu - Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
    • Menu – Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
    • Menu - Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
    • Menu - Accolades do now show subsequently
    • Menu - When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
    • Menu - Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
    • Menu - The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
    • Menu – Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’
    • Menu - Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
    • Menu – Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
    • Menu – Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
    • Menu - Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.

Thanks to   

I will be getting this game once I dig my Ps3 out of a box...not sure which box...maybe I can take a picture and have the community pick a random one and I will just yank it out..prize for who ever does pick it right? 
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By RobotHamster

Wait so they didn't change the flickering, seizure inducing menu screens?

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Raineko
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters.

A player can be revived from a 20 meter distance? WHAT??
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Raineko said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:

• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters.

"
    Thats a bit...game breaking or so it sounds. 
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Raineko said:

"
    Thats a bit...game breaking or so it sounds.  "
    I'm going to check that out myself but even if it's really that far, people can still shoot the shit out of the guy if he's out in the open. it doesn't matter. 

Also I was kinda hoping for the clan stuff to be added in this update. I think they were talking about clan officers and stuff.
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raineko

Tha@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Raineko said:

"
    That has to be a typo. No way Medics can revive their teammates all over the battlefield. People would die and instantly stand up again. lol
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Afroman269

Is the update live? I'm not getting anything when going online.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McQuinn

Sounds like they just made the medic gun a lot more like the one from killzone 2. Which I really like.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By N7
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Is the update live? I'm not getting anything when going online. "
    It goes live sometime next week. And yeah, they nerfed this update. It was supposed to have a whole bunch of other stuff, like being able to make people officers for your clan.

I don't even know who they are anymore.
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By lego_my_eggo
    @N7 said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    It goes live sometime next week. And yeah, they nerfed this update. It was supposed to have a whole bunch of other stuff, like being able to make people officers for your clan.  I don't even know who they are anymore. "
    couldn't you do that in kz2?  what is with them removing all the nice little features they had in that game.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By N7
    @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " @N7 said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    It goes live sometime next week. And yeah, they nerfed this update. It was supposed to have a whole bunch of other stuff, like being able to make people officers for your clan.  I don't even know who they are anymore. "
    couldn't you do that in kz2?  what is with them removing all the nice little features they had in that game. "
    Well, Call of Duty doesn't have any of that stuff, so I guess they figured they didn't need it either.

Seriously, they took out so much. It's kind of funny watching the internet explode with anger at GG for removing everything that made KZ2 good.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Afroman269
    @N7 said:
    " @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " @N7 said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    couldn't you do that in kz2?  what is with them removing all the nice little features they had in that game. "
    Well, Call of Duty doesn't have any of that stuff, so I guess they figured they didn't need it either.  Seriously, they took out so much. It's kind of funny watching the internet explode with anger at GG for removing everything that made KZ2 good. "
    Ya they really goofed up the multi right out of the gate. They are patching back most of the stuff like custom games......they just need to hurry the fuck up about that. Not sure if they did some of that stuff to "CoDify" the game up. Maybe they were cramming towards the end of the dev cycle and decided to patch in post release. Either way they need to do work. I want my custom games.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Skald

I think they need to nerf Infiltrators and rocket launchers:

• Since the infiltrator can disguise, he really shouldn't get the same weapons everyone else gets.
    • Rocket launchers replacing pistols (as opposed to primaries) did nothing to reduce Killzone 2's rocket spam.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N7
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @N7 said:
    " @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " @N7 said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    Well, Call of Duty doesn't have any of that stuff, so I guess they figured they didn't need it either.  Seriously, they took out so much. It's kind of funny watching the internet explode with anger at GG for removing everything that made KZ2 good. "
    Ya they really goofed up the multi right out of the gate. They are patching back most of the stuff like custom games......they just need to hurry the fuck up about that. Not sure if they did some of that stuff to "CoDify" the game up. Maybe they were cramming towards the end of the dev cycle and decided to patch in post release. Either way they need to do work. I want my custom games. "
    Speaking of that, custom games were supposed to be added in this patch. I don't know where that is, but according to this post, it isn't going to be in 1.04.

Man, what the hell are they doing over there?
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Afroman269
    @extremeradical: Ya the rocket spam is ridiculous. Maybe they should tie it to a certain class. I'm not sure how they can deal with this, but the grenade spamming in most games has become fucking retarded. I don't think you can do much about it though because the person usually dies quick and spawns in the same area via tact position and spams grenades again. Man that stuff is stupid. It makes Halo and CoD's frag fest look tame.
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raineko
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @extremeradical: Ya the rocket spam is ridiculous. Maybe they should tie it to a certain class. "
    You mean like in good old KZ2? lol
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Skald
    @Raineko said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    " @extremeradical: Ya the rocket spam is ridiculous. Maybe they should tie it to a certain class. "
    You mean like in good old KZ2? lol "
    At least when they used up all their rockets they had to switch to their pistol. Now when someone blows through their ordinance they can switch to an assault rife. 

It makes no bloody sense.
    zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By zaccheus
    @Raineko said:

" Tha @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Raineko said:

"
    That has to be a typo. No way Medics can revive their teammates all over the battlefield. People would die and instantly stand up again. lol "
    Well it's 20 in game meters. It's a bit tricky how that stuff works, but in practice it should be pretty much the same as in KZ2. That's what a developer said on the forums.

@N7 said: 

Speaking of that, custom games were supposed to be added in this patch. I don't know where that is, but according to this post, it isn't going to be in 1.04.  Man, what the hell are they doing over there? "

GG released their post beta report where they talk about the changes coming in multiple patches over time. They aren't going to release a single big patch but rather put things out in smaller chunks. It's faster and easier for them that way and they can prioritize more. Custom games are probably far down the list, we are talking about months if I had to guess. I'm glad I didn't play KZ2 or otherwise I'd probably be pissed about all the stuff they took out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.