Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Difficulty... glitch?

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cyrisaurus

So I just beat Killzone 3 on Trooper, and it felt like Elite on Killzone 2. I think somehow the game glitched and upped the difficulty for some reason.

I could turn a corner and a single Helghast with a Sta52 could kill me in like 4 shots. I got meleed a few times and they killed me in one hit. During some of the "on rails" sections, if I got hit by just 2 or 3 missiles I was dead.

To get a good idea of how fast they could kill me, if I had full health and started to pick up ammo from a crate, or do a brutal melee, an enemy could kill me before I was done with said action.

Did anyone else have this experience? I really don't know what happened, but it was really annoying. It wouldn't have been so bad if I ended up getting the Elite difficulty trophy.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shivermetimbers

The enemy AI is more accurate than the previous game.  They are also smarter as well. Word of advice: don't use brutal melee, use cover, and stay close to Rico.  This is a harder game than Killzone 2.

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cyrisaurus

Thanks for the KZ3 PR, but I know how to play the game. I use cover, but they still pick off shots anyway. I don't see how if what I played was truly the Normal mode, then how it would be possible to even play it on Hard, or Elite. I had absolutely no problem going through the demo, yet when I played the demo area in the full game I got destroyed. I honestly think my game glitched.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shivermetimbers
    Nope, it's just like that. You just have to be more careful and patient  I also agree that they dumbed down the demo a bit to make you feel that you were more powerful. Get prepared to redo sections of the game a couple of times.
    invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By invadernick

finished the game on hard, it was a grueling experience I can't believe there's a harder difficulty! The on-rails sections must be crazy for elite!

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Truant19

i beat it on trooper and I would die in about 3-4 shots as well, but it wasn't that bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.