Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Just once, Helghast singleplayer (ending spoilers)

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Mayu_Zane

So I just  finished Killzone 3. After playing all three 'main' Killzone games (1, 2 and 3), I really, REALLY want to play a singleplayer campaign as a Helghast soldier.

Just once, I'd like to have a story where you are a Helghast. Not an ISA agent in disguise, not a half-human hybrid. A Helghast born and raised on Helghan, just doing what you've been taught all your life was the right thing to do: Follow orders. Multiple endings could  be used. Perhaps in one version, the protagonist realizes just how fucked up Helghan culture is, and becomes the founder of a new way, one that ultimately allows them to finally forgive their past oppressors and be forgiven. Even with KZ3's terrible ending where our I.S.A. 'heroes' basically commit mass (accidental) genocide of Helghan's people, I can see this angle work: Your character might realize how ridiculous it is to remain incredibly violent and brutal when you keep losing all the goddamn time, especially when there are so few of your people left.

I'm not saying the Helghast should stop being badass, far from it. They should stay badass, but they should also become more than just a race of assholes.

I guess I'm just sick of the devs trying to make the Helghast look as evil as possible. Without any redeeming qualities, the Helghast look more like parodies than believable opponents. Granted, they were designed to be space nazis (with all the 'racial superiority' rhetoric), but even then there are games and movies (Company of Heroes, The Longest Day) that showed the Germans behave like human beings and not portrayed as an entire culture of crazed murderers.

After all, in KZ1's intro video they show us that there were people who disagreed with Emperor Visari's ideals; who's to say all of them died, or that there will never be another Helghast who questions his own people's ways?

Yeah, I'm going to email Guerrilla Games. I don't care if they just ignore it or not, at least I tried.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

I think that would be cool. They could add some nice dynamics like maybe having to find gas mask when yours breaks or trying to get through a fight when your goggles are cracked to hell.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DoctorTran

I like where your going. But maybe you could be a helgahn fighting the Helghan war machine. Some form of underground resistance.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

I'm starting to think that the Helghast being the real "victims" probably happened by mistake. The developers have done a shit job with their fiction. If they really wanted to promote the whole Helghast not being so bad then they wouldn't have forced the british space nazi look like they did in Killzone 3. And after that ending of Killzone 3, I no longer give a shit about the fiction. It's absolutely stupid.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By damswedon

I think in Killzone 4 Guerilla should stop pretending that they give a damn about the single player and just put out a multiplayer client that is downloadable. 

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Mayu_Zane
    @damswedon said:
    " I think in Killzone 4 Guerilla should stop pretending that they give a damn about the single player and just put out a multiplayer client that is downloadable.  "
    I'd be okay with that, strangely enough.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Aus_azn
    @Mayu_Zane said:
    " @damswedon said:
    " I think in Killzone 4 Guerilla should stop pretending that they give a damn about the single player and just put out a multiplayer client that is downloadable.  "
    I'd be okay with that, strangely enough. "
    Same here.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donos

I just realized, the Killzone story department is run by Michael Bay. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By darkknightbob
    @Aus_azn said:
    " @Mayu_Zane said:
    " @damswedon said:
    I'd be okay with that, strangely enough. "
    Same here. "
    No money be made then.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By RsistncE

Well it's too bad this won't be happening, since HELGHAN GOT UBER NUKED 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChillyUK7

Can someone tell me if the Helghast lose their hair or just shave it? Iv'e been under the impression from KZ1 that Helghan fucked up their bodies making them all pale (losing melanin in the skin) and losing the hair on their heads but in the opening cinematic you see many helghast with hair and a female helghast who has a tan and hair, I haven't played much of the campaign but this has confused me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.