Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

New Killzone 3 Trailer: Something that stuck out to me

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

So, anyone who has played Killzone 1 and 2 know that the Helghast wear there masks because of the atmosphere and that they have started to change physically and all that.  Well, in the new trailer it shows (in CG) a soldier fighting several Helghast in melee combat.  This could be to show off all the new moves, or it could just be a trailer with no real purpose other than being a teaser before E3.  I thought something interesting though is at the end when the soldier looks at the camera and puts a Helghast helmet on.  This got me thinking...what if "we", the soldiers from Earth, have been on Helghast so long in the war that they are now needing to use the same breathing equipment and not becoming quite so different from the Helghast after all?  This could be just a trailer with no meaning at all, but I definitely found it interesting.

Also, I hope Rico dies violently at the beginning of the game.  He is one of the worst characters in modern gaming.

Link to trailer:  
    http://kotaku.com/5554541/the-first-killzone-3-trailer-is-a-real-kick-in-the-face

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

The thing is the Helghast changed over years and years so I dont see how Sev and co could change over a few weeks. Most of the Helghast soldiers probably shouldnt even wear the masks because their on Helghan anyway. I hope that melee isnt the  big thing they are trying to add to Killzone 3 because it doesn't look that good. 

@sammo21 said:

Also, I hope Rico dies violently at the beginning of the game.  He is one of the worst characters in modern gaming. 
    I hope he gets his head taken off by a sniper or something, he was the single worst thing about Killzone 2.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By sammo21

Well, do we know how long the 3rd game takes place?  The Helghans have done a lot to their planet in the way of nuclear stuff, so who knows.  I just found it interesting, unless maybe there are levels where you disguise yourself, and others maybe, as Helghans in a few levels.

I also hope there is a co-op option.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunExplosions
    @sammo21 said:
    " Also, I hope Rico dies violently at the beginning of the game.  He is one of the worst characters in modern gaming. "
    HA! Well said. Exactly what I was thinking, right before reading that. He, alone, defines bad writing and design in almost every way possible. Lose him and the story might have a chance.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Quacktastic

I don't think it was CG.  I think it's in-game assets cleaned up and ran through a stylized filter.
    I took the helmet thing to mean undercover missions.  And yeah, I think everyone wants Rico to violently die as soon as possible - they will have to do a lot to turn his character around otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.