Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

No One Playing Multiplayer?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By N7

So, I've noticed that during late nights/early mornings, there are around five different players playing Warzone. I notice that during the day, the game is filled with different lobbies of all kinds, but during nights and early mornings, there is a severe lack of games. It would make sense in saying that everyone is sleeping and all that herp derp, but this is freaking Killzone. If even half the people who bought KZ2 are playing this, then there should definitely be more than a handful of people playing. Also, I cannot find a single TDM or Operations match.

I want to get into some games, but nobody seems to be playing.

Did anyone even buy this game or what? I've been in one lobby for the past 45 minutes, give or take, and I'm only playing the same three or four people. Is anyone else running into this same scenario or am I on the other side of The Scary Door? I've tried going to "Map Selection" and picking random maps, but the game never finds anything.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Also it shouldn't really matter what time it is for you because it could be a different time for other people. If you're playing at night it could be afternoon for others.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By N7
    @xyzygy said:
    " Also it shouldn't really matter what time it is for you because it could be a different time for other people. If you're playing at night it could be afternoon for others. "
    That's what I was also thinking. I'm going to try to find a game again here in a few minutes after taking a break from the game, but it is pretty crazy how it seems like 99% of the servers are just GONE during the time I'm able to play this game the most. That's how I got cheated out of most of my double XP time. For some reason the servers weren't working. But I'm not complaining, because I got 48 hours on the "Unlock all abilities and weapons" thing. It just seems odd.
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By FesteringNeon

I bet it'll get better after this weekend.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By N7

Just got done with a Warzone game. It was only me and one other person. In fact, some of the same people I was playing with earlier joined the game(On the enemy team of course) and then left right away. I've never seen a game so empty. It's actually kind of weird.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By handlas

I don't have any issues finding people at night.

Also keep in mind that the MP is bugged.  I've seen people complaining and I'm experiencing the same issue.  After I d/led the Retro map pack the game will only play those 2 maps.  Which is 1 Warzone map and 1 Guerrilla Warfare map.  For whatever reason if you join a game with "ANY" as your map selection it will only put you on those 2 maps.  To play the other maps I have to select them manually.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By N7
    @handlas said:

" I don't have any issues finding people at night. Also keep in mind that the MP is bugged.  I've seen people complaining and I'm experiencing the same issue.  After I d/led the Retro map pack the game will only play those 2 maps.  Which is 1 Warzone map and 1 Guerrilla Warfare map.  For whatever reason if you join a game with "ANY" as your map selection it will only put you on those 2 maps.  To play the other maps I have to select them manually. "

Funny enough, that's what was happening to me on launch. I was so glad that my friend got screwed out of the Retro pack so I could finally play a new map. lol

Also, I just got back from playing the game and at first, by quitting to the XMB and then logging out, then back in, and reconnecting to multiplayer, I actually got put into a full Guerrilla Warfare match. It was fun, but I decided to pull out and try my luck again, but no luck. The games are still out of whack. I guess I'll just wait to hear what other people are experiencing and then see what might be wrong here.

It's a little hard to believe that this is only day two of release. I played the beta for so long that I feel like I've already played this game forever.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By RobotHamster

I never had that issue, I always found people at all times and the matches started really quick.  Maybe there're trying to avoid you.

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

I also had no trouble finding games last night; I played some of all 3 types. Although I will say it sat on the Connecting... screen for what seemed like a long time

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By KarlPilkington

It's not out in the UK yet so I'm sure when other regions pick it up it will improve.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By imsh_pl

This game has been out for 2 days, what the fuck.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Hosstile17

From the sounds of it, there are some problems with the online client, right now. But, on the bright side, you have that totally amazing single player campaign to mess with until they fix the multiplayer.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Jayross

I have had trouble finding a balanced game when grouped up with 8 other people. It would often put us in games where there were only 4 other people on the other team.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Boiglenoight

I've focused almost entirely on multi.  The only problem I've experienced is finding the most efficient way to mute everyone.  N7, if you want to try and group up and see if your experience changes while in a party, I tend to play around 8-11 pm ET.  PSN name is keef_psn.

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Raineko

@N7 
    Do you live in Europe? Because in Europe the game comes out tomorrow.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Raineko said:
    " @N7 Do you live in Europe? Because in Europe the game comes out tomorrow. "
    yep, its loaded here in the US. 

the online is fucking awesome. 
    playing on the old maps is weird though lol
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By N7

No. I'm not in Europe. I'm in North America(America to be specific). I don't know what the deal is since no one else is having this problem. I guess I'll just try it at different points during the late, late night and see what I can come up with.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Always seems packed when im playing it. 
    sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By sizu

Always full games for me.  On all game modes.

ninjatuned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By ninjatuned

I've actually noticed this issue in the mornings, among other multiplayer issues.  I'm on around 6-7 ET and it seems like a graveyard.  I've been in some matches with 2-3 people and no one else joining.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By huntad

@N7: So, this thread is old, but have you had any luck in finding players as of late? I still don't seem to find many players even when I do find a match. There are usually 4-5 players on each side. Weird.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By phrali

well now it's because it's just dead. BF3. MW3. Skyrim. etc etc etc.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By N7
    @huntad: I haven't had the game in a long while, but back when I did have it, I could not find any games. I remember I got the DLC and went in to find ANY games, and there was only one. It's like that game died as soon as it came out.
    huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By huntad

@N7: Yeah, that's so weird, man. I'm glad it has bots, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do anything on it. I know this is random, but are people still playing Resistance 3 online? But yeah, back on topic: That's just odd. I remember playing Killzone 2 a long time after it's release and there were still multiple servers running.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By N7
    @huntad: I have no idea. It was pretty busy around release, but I've got no idea what it's like now.
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By McShank

@N7 said:

@huntad: I have no idea. It was pretty busy around release, but I've got no idea what it's like now.

I just got on after a long hiatus and it has a few games going still. Nothing like launch. It sucks to because the game isn't bad, it just got overlooked by a TON of other shooters that came out after it. Also, I cant seem to sell it to anyone for more then like 5$ which sucks since Gamestop still wants 50$ for it and mine is practically new just without the plastic and the new game smell.. I love that smell >.<

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By huntad

@McShank: Only a few? Is there a server browser? Man, I hate the fact that these shooters like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 get overlooked when bigshots like BF3 and MW3 come out. They are great games.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McShank

@huntad said:

@McShank: Only a few? Is there a server browser? Man, I hate the fact that these shooters like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 get overlooked when bigshots like BF3 and MW3 come out. They are great games.

whe I said few, i meant after 2-3 games It started taking longer to find games so I am guessing that there are not that many games going on. It could have just been when I was playing or that it was during the middle of the day since I had 2 weeks off before starting my new job. I haven't played since but I honestly think the game is pretty much done. There will still be games going on but I doubt it will ever get even close to what it was :(

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

@N7 said:

So, I've noticed that during late nights/early mornings, there are around five different players playing Warzone. I notice that during the day, the game is filled with different lobbies of all kinds, but during nights and early mornings, there is a severe lack of games. It would make sense in saying that everyone is sleeping and all that herp derp, but this is freaking Killzone. If even half the people who bought KZ2 are playing this, then there should definitely be more than a handful of people playing. Also, I cannot find a single TDM or Operations match. I want to get into some games, but nobody seems to be playing.Did anyone even buy this game or what? I've been in one lobby for the past 45 minutes, give or take, and I'm only playing the same three or four people. Is anyone else running into this same scenario or am I on the other side of The Scary Door? I've tried going to "Map Selection" and picking random maps, but the game never finds anything.

is it posible that japan can only play with japan and america can only play with america aka seperate server? thats why it s it seems not many people? while cod is world wide right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.