Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

PS Move & Sharpshooter

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tsolless

So, is anyone playing with the Move or the Sharpshooter?

I got the Sharpshooter yesterday and haven't had too much time to use it, but it is pretty fun. It was difficult getting used to the controls, but it feels pretty good. It is somewhat awkward holding it sitting down but not really  uncomfortable. Good accuracy though I'm not sure how much the game itself is helping you with that. Tons of customization for the sensitivity for it as well through Killzone so that is nice and I will have to play around with it. 

Overall, I say it will probably end up being worth the $100 I spent on everything (I got things on sale and with discounts, probably more likely to be $150 at regular prices). Anyone else using this?

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

I'm using just the PSMove and the nav controller and I think it works pretty well. I was going to get a sharpshooter but I canceled it.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

It looked interesting but not enough to justify dropping that much cash to just play some games in a *unique* way. 

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Boiglenoight

The Move is definitely worth it.  Superior to the gamepad in all ways save turning, but you get used to that and the accuracy you gain outweighs the drawback.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Marcsman

It must be me then.  I found Move almost unplayable with KZ3. 
    I am a klutz though.
    Avatar image for favoritobandito
    FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FavoritoBandito

I found that playing with a move controller and dualshock 3 worked fine.  While it is the cheapest move related option to play Killzone 3, I still felt it was better than playing with just the dualshock.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Boiglenoight
    @Marcsman said:
    " It must be me then.  I found Move almost unplayable with KZ3. I am a klutz though. "
    It feels retarded for a while, not unlike trying to play an FPS with a mouse and keyboard for the first time.  You spend a lot of time looking at the ground and the sky more than you intend.   Certain things give the Move a terrible edge, such as lock-on zoom targeting.  You can simply hold down the trigger on the Nav controller / Dualshock L2 and whenever an enemy comes into view, it automatically zooms on to the target.  At this point you can use the Move to adjust your aim (it doesn't auto-target, just puts you in the general vicinity) and headshots are much, much easier with this method compared to using the Dualshock alone.  The downside is that if more than one enemy comes around the corner, you'll find yourself zoomed in on one target but unable to see the other guy. 

I expect other FPSes from here on to provide similar control with the Move. It's just too good.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I tried it with move over at a friends house, I really liked it, but I still prefer the controller. 
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Punk1984

I've beaten the campaign with the dualshock and I was going to wait to pick up a navigation controller since holding the dualshock one handed feels awkward. I really liked the precision I was getting with the Move.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Keeng

I vastly prefer the Move+Nav combo to the Dualshock 3 for this game. Once you get used to it, which for me took about three hours, you become crazy accurate. It feels like it adds a bit of immersion to the game and the controls require less thinking since you basically use three or four buttons. It's more...natural. Keep in mind that even if it was the best control scheme ever devised, it's still an entirely new controller at first. As keef mentioned above, it will be like the first time you switch to mouse and keyboard or maybe from D-pad to analog stick a decade ago. But it's a LOT better. I wish every shooter used the Move this way. I haven't tried the Sharpshooter yet but that's mostly because I can convince myself to buy an accessory that costs more than Red Dead Redemption until I at least have that game. I hear good things about it from friends, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.