Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

So I just beat killzone 3...(spoilers)

Avatar image for first_phase_skeith
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Anyone up for murdering Stahl for what he did to the Hellgast....FOR KILLING EVERYONE! I mean an entire race dead for his ambitions. I mean I know the hellgast are pretty extreme but in reality they only wanted Vekta back and force earth into surrendering so they don't try to take theyre homeworlds...again. SO instead he gets every man woman and child of the hellgast killed not a one left. Anyone else notice that like Only Sev found that kind of F'ed-up? Not a pang off remorse for essentially killing an endless number of civilians? I mean they're whole "We don't kill the innocent or P.O.W.s...unless Ricos there..." thing was really the only thing the ISA had to show that they were the good guys to begin with.

At this point I've been pushed from mildly sympathetic to the hellgast to extremely... Christ can they're existence suffer any more? oh wait no theyre all dead... except for Stahl... tenacious bastard.

Nowayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nowayman
    @first_phase_skeith: 

Huh, where do you get that ? 

You seems to not get that the Hellghast were attempting a entire genocide of all humanity on EARTH BY NUKE THE WHOLE PLANET !!! And you find that they are a "little extreme" ? Beside of that, they killed prisonner by making them explode from inside

It's only the nuke combined with their weird energy tech that destroyed their planet, if you want my advice, they got blasted by their own petard, and that's the risk by going nuclear. 

ISA never get so extreme. They tried to capture Visari and defended Vekta. Sure they aren't all immaculate, but still they didn't kill all dissident... 
    McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McQuinn

^ Well, both of those things came from Stahl Arms so all we know both the nukes and the prisoner explosions is Stahl's thing.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By KillaMaStA

I still feel like that nuke didint kill the helghast. It might have been as insubstantial as an EMP. I mean, minutes later helghast were already walking around on the surface and a freaking escape pod without much armoring seemed totally fine even though it was at ground zero of the planet destroying nuke.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy
    @first_phase_skeith said:
    " in reality they only wanted Vekta back and force earth into surrendering so they don't try to take theyre homeworlds...again.  "
    To be fair the Helghast were going to use military force to control the trade routes and starve earth when they were in charge of Vekta. They aren't so innocent. Stahl's plans for earth may not be sanctioned by the Helghast, but it isn't far from their original intent.
    Avatar image for first_phase_skeith
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mosespippy:  As I've said before Everyone in killzone are assholes every single one I just particularly hate stalh and Rico. And I'm sure earth would survive I mean it would be no different then the conditions on hellgast except that the entire planets not designed to kill you and the very air is poisonous. Anyone else wonder why the ISA can breath on hellgan or breath in nuclear fallout from the beginning of the game and be okay? 

@Nowayman:
    The original Hellgan war was the ISA stomping out dissidence and takeing vekta from the hellgan Nation (before they turned into he Hellgast nation) and forcing them to they're first colony and isolateing them on Hellgon...a planet designed to kill you...They only wanted to "capture Vasari" because to kill him ment to make him a martyr. ACU (the ISA's boss) wanted to embargo Hellgan and starve them as well but the ISA tried to occupy them first. The Hellgast are still bad theyre still facist but still, plus the whole stalh arms thing was stalhs idea to nuke the planet and kill everyone  Orlok wanted earth to surrender and the ISA that invaded all killed Stahl wanted to kill everyone inclouding his own people. In a universe of assholes he takes the cake.
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bybeach

I just finished the game and that must be it, an emp effect. otherwise Stahl, 'that tenacous bastard' the one thing I do agree with the OP about, has 2 soldiers and no women to repopulate helgan with. 

But you know what, FUCK the helgast. PPl. get confused, and that blows me away, because right and wrong here is relative. Rico goes too far with his vietnam type crazyness and killer instinct, vs the helgast  subjugating everybody under their military bootheel. And that was the Helgast being mellow before Stahl decided to take it to it's logical conclusion. 

the Helgast were evil and they did evil things as a matter of course, and as a consquence evil things were done to them. That stuff happens in real life. Killzone was interesting because it didn't have every ISA soldier acting like gandalf the white.  And actually I suspect Gandalf would at least understand what I was saying here, simple.

But here's the thing i really wanted to go off about, what a lame ending! I know this is a spoiler thread, but I will just leave it there. What a lame, lame, lame ending to a pretty damn good FPS. And..no more spiders in Killzone. If they do another, I better not see one fucking spider. hell why even waste ammo on them....
    Nowayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Nowayman
    @bybeach said:
    "
    I just finished the game and that must be it, an emp effect. otherwise Stahl, 'that tenacous bastard' the one thing I do agree with the OP about, has 2 soldiers and no women to repopulate helgan with. 

But you know what, FUCK the helgast. PPl. get confused, and that blows me away, because right and wrong here is relative. Rico goes too far with his vietnam type crazyness and killer instinct, vs the helgast  subjugating everybody under their military bootheel. And that was the Helgast being mellow before Stahl decided to take it to it's logical conclusion. 

the Helgast were evil and they did evil things as a matter of course, and as a consquence evil things were done to them. That stuff happens in real life. Killzone was interesting because it didn't have every ISA soldier acting like gandalf the white.  And actually I suspect Gandalf would at least understand what I was saying here, simple.

But here's the thing i really wanted to go off about, what a lame ending! I know this is a spoiler thread, but I will just leave it there. What a lame, lame, lame ending to a pretty damn good FPS. And..no more spiders in Killzone. If they do another, I better not see one fucking spider. hell why even waste ammo on them.... "

@first_phase_skeith:

This. 

Absolutely this. 
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By handlas

I just beat it finally....and I agree, what a lame lame ending.  Ending the game with a rail shooting sequence no less.  F*ck that.  When I was fighting the big robot thing...MAWLR?  I was thinking, hummm this probably better than the 2nd game. But, nope, they ruined it.  So 2nd Killzone has better singleplayer and multiplayer. 

And GG really needs to get better guys to do their cutscenes. Some of the scenes are so strangely paced and incoherent. Plus the sound seems waaay off in all of them too...like explosions barely make any noise and sound is cutting in and out (hopefully this just wasn't my game).   Overall it was decent...the actual FPS bits are the most fun. If the game would just stick to that then it would be really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.