Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Some pointers for a Killzone virgin.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twitchey

I have never played a single Killzone game in my life but when I watched the gameplay footage of Killzone 3 I knew I just had to buy it.

So what pointers would you guys have for me?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By l4wd0g

shoot dudes in the face. Right in between the glowing red eyes. 
    Are you playing for single or multiplayer?

Avatar image for deactivated-653d2db498d3a
    deactivated-653d2db498d3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Single Player = use cover 
    Mulitplayer = there is no cover mechanic 

If you wanna play any of the other killzone games, Killzone 2 is your safest bet. Killzone Liberation for the psp was pretty good, and I have a love/hate relationship with Killzone 1. If you want the atmosphere, play all. If you wanna shoot dudes, 3 will do just fine. Killzone.com has an EXCELLENT (and I mean excellent) storyline to dig through but for the plot of the first three games specifically you'll have to head over to wikipedia. 

Also, you are a very short person in the Killzone games. 

PS. DONT GO INTO THIS THINKING ITS CALL OF DUTY IN SPACE. Goddamnit. 

Other than that, Its pretty hard to go wrong with Killzone

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

You don't need to aim-down-sights for everything.  Just point the crosshairs at something and tap R1 a couple of times.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some people called the controls of killzone 2 clunky but i didnt really mind.  it was totally fine for me. 

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By captain_clayman
    @EvGar said:
    " Single Player = use cover Mulitplayer = there is no cover mechanic  If you wanna play any of the other killzone games, Killzone 2 is your safest bet. Killzone Liberation for the psp was pretty good, and I have a love/hate relationship with Killzone 1. If you want the atmosphere, play all. If you wanna shoot dudes, 3 will do just fine. Killzone.com has an EXCELLENT (and I mean excellent) storyline to dig through but for the plot of the first three games specifically you'll have to head over to wikipedia.  Also, you are a very short person in the Killzone games.  PS. DONT GO INTO THIS THINKING ITS CALL OF DUTY IN SPACE. Goddamnit.  Other than that, Its pretty hard to go wrong with Killzone "
    is that cover thing still not available in kz3 multi or are you talking about kz2?
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

Point the guns at the people and pull the trigger.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGodPoet

This isn't Call of Duty. Uping your sensitivity won't really change the feel. Everything will still feel like it has a good amount of weight to it. Other than that I cant think of much. Just aim at someone and pull the trigger....that reminds me the shotgun has a good amount of range so dont be afraid to strafe and shoot. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_clayman: Talking about KZ2. I don't think KZ3 will be any different.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47
    @EvGar said:
    " Killzone.com has an EXCELLENT (and I mean excellent) storyline to dig through but for the plot of the first three games specifically you'll have to head over to wikipedia.  Also, you are a very short person in the Killzone games.  PS. DONT GO INTO THIS THINKING ITS CALL OF DUTY IN SPACE. Goddamnit.  Other than that, Its pretty hard to go wrong with Killzone "
    I'll believe it when i see it. 1 was lacking, 2 was a little better *cough*rico*cough* 
    But they should really explain to people that THE HELGHAST ARE THE FUCKING GOOD GUYS! Stupid Dev messing things up.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Marz

If it's the same as killzone 2,  Multiplayer is class based,  be the medic!

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tsoglani

Like others have said, do not go in to Killzone expecting gameplay like COD. Cover is huge in the single player campaign, and the shooting is more strategic than other shooters. Strategic is probably not the right word, but the bottom line is that you need to think a bit about how you take on the Helghast. The Helghan hordes also can take more bullets than most enemies in the genre.

I enjoyed Killzone, and Killzone 2 was fantastic; let's hope that the 3rd will improve on all of the second one.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Twitchey
    @EvGar:  So does it matter who shoots each other first?

Like if I shoot someone in the chest but since they shot my in the foot one millisecond quicker I automatically lose.
    Please tell me it is not like that.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Enigma777

All classes are unlocked from the start, so pick the one you're best with and stick with it. Mine is engineer. My tip for it is - always be building. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pibo47: Killzone story online = very deep (makes you wonder why its not in any of the games)
    Killzone games story = not so great. 

@Twitchey: No, you have to pump enough bullets into bad guys that that usually doesn't happen. They're not total bullet sponges, but their not cardboard like COD multiplayer. I've never had any problems with it (this is KZ2 im talking about) every once in a while you would both kill each other, which to be honest, is probably the most realistic way to handle it. Basically, if someone starts shooting you from behind, you'll have enough time to flip around (if you're good enough) and blast him back. 
    Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Twitchey
    @EvGar:  Thank goodness. Once I play the demo this will decide if I ever play CoD again, but it seems unlikely I will play CoD again.
    Avatar image for metalgeargeorge
    MetalGearGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MetalGearGeorge

Don't go sprinting around and jumping and quickscoping. That shit doesn't work in KZ. It is all about strategy and team play. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By TheHBK

I would not mind the controls, if the rest of the fucking game was just as realistic.  In a fantasy sci fi, post apocalyptic world you expect that there would be more real touches than just the guns moving wonky.  I still want people to explain to me how the forces of Earth, get blown the hell out of the sky and then are able to walk all the way to center of the capital and kill their president?  I mean, really?  Why couldn't you do that shit in the beginning, when you had all your fucking men?  Before you got the best leaders blown to hell?   And why is earth attacking helghan and basically leading to what would be occupation?  That doesn't make sense.
    Also, if you're a virgin, be prepared to hate your main character and his friends, namely Rico.  And hate the Helghan.  In this game, the story feels like a lose lose, you just hate everyone.  At least thats how it was in Killzone 2.  Best part of Killzone 2?  The lightning gun.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Twitchey
    @MetalGearGeorge:  I couldn't quickscope in CoD so I doubt I would here. But yea all that springy bunny hoppy shit is annoying.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By canucks23

You can practice some mp stuff in kz2 and 3 by playing against bots.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SSully
    @Pibo47: It is kind of open to interpretation. The Helghast were oppressed and everything, but they arent exactly model citizens themselves. 

To TC, If you have a PSP i would start with liberation. Great game. If not just get killzone 2 and play that. It has a pretty good single player, nothing outstanding, but a good game none the less. I personally love the fucking controls, it is a damn shame they are switching them for the third game. 
    RandomBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RandomBullet

I'd say stick with your squad and use your class abilities effectively. Like people say this ain't COD, so don't go running and gunning and throwing random grenades or you're just gonna keep on dying.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Gizmo
    @SSully said:
    " @Pibo47: It is kind of open to interpretation. The Helghast were oppressed and everything, but they arent exactly model citizens themselves.  To TC, If you have a PSP i would start with liberation. Great game. If not just get killzone 2 and play that. It has a pretty good single player, nothing outstanding, but a good game none the less. I personally love the fucking controls, it is a damn shame they are switching them for the third game.  "
    No, watch the latest video, they're not changing the 'heavy' feel of the controls, just reducing the input latency a little bit.
    lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By lead_farmer
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    " some people called the controls of killzone 2 clunky but i didnt really mind.  it was totally fine for me.  "
    Would you call the controls heavy?  That's the only word I could think of for describing them in KZ2.  Kinda liked it.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SSully
    @Gizmo: I hope so, I did see the latest video and it looks much lighter. 
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Theworldbreaker

You should defently get Killzone 2 first before killzone 3, you can get it off half.com for like 14$ or around that. You dont have to aim down the cross hairs shooting without it does just fine unless its long ranged its a good bit harder. Also be prepared to be blown away by the grapihcs of both KZ2 and Killzone 3 you will have an eyegasim, also if you get Killzone 2 you will have a hard ass time on the last boss even on easy he is realy difficult to kill (i dont even remember how long it took me to beat him but i died alot).
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pibo47
    @EvGar: I know! The wiki stuff is crazy interesting and all that other crap. But the games...ugggggghh it pisses me off. They should go into that stuff! It'd be so fucking awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.