Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Through the eyes behind red goggles.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By senorfuzzeh

I've been in love with Killzone since the first one, I know that it wasn't for everyone and most people would have rather been back-handing grunts on the Xbox, But too me this game was amazing. Too this day I still can't quite put my finger on it why I loved it so much. But needless to say I've been following the franchise for awhile now. I decided I wanted a break from skyrim and was going to play some shooters, the other day I found my self unloading clips into ISA scum online and I fell back in love with the game.

An idea I've always had, was to see the story through the prespective of a Helghast. Not all the helghast are bad, Their just angry and mislead by higher-ups. Honestly I've been more interested with the Helghast in the past two games over my Jug-head companion Rico (Worst Companion I've ever had with me in a game) I feel like there could be some really interesting story mechanics here. Maybe see what the people of Helghan are like behind all that gear.

I was curious if any one else had Ideas on this.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evilsbane

Killzone mainly 2 and 3 since I never touched the first one have always been a weird beast for me, they are beautiful with interesting controls and a good "feel" to them, but the stories they tell are Dreadful some of the dullest I've played in this generation I beat KZ3 in one sitting and was incredibly disappointed, without trying to sound like an asshole it felt like KZ 2.5 if they can rally a better writing team or something I might be interested in going behind enemy lines to play as a Helghast simply because I fucking LOVE the look, Gas masks are cool and space Nazis are cool but after playing 2 and 3 the story is just uninteresting as fuck if they can fix that sure but until then they feel held back from Triple A status.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

It's a shame they killed off some of the best characters in the series in KZ2 and replaced them with boring characters. The other interesting characters haven't made an appearance since Liberation, which also had the best multiplayer. All I want from a Killzone game now is a PSN release of Liberation's 4v4 multiplayer with an extra map (the sewer from the DLC preferably). Either that or a Killzone RTS. They've already got enough different unit types for an RTS. Tanks, buggys, mechs, dogs, spider mines, mawlers, drop ships, hunter infantry, different other types of infantry, different types of mounted turrets, ATACs, anti air lighting guns, etc. They could even have different Helghast and ISA campaigns. Unfortunately it'll never happen because nothing on playstation is going to require a keyboard and mouse to play. Maybe on Vita with touch controles but that would need to be limited in scope.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Evilsbane said:

Killzone mainly 2 and 3 since I never touched the first one have always been a weird beast for me, they are beautiful with interesting controls and a good "feel" to them, but the stories they tell are Dreadful some of the dullest I've played in this generation I beat KZ3 in one sitting and was incredibly disappointed, without trying to sound like an asshole it felt like KZ 2.5 if they can rally a better writing team or something I might be interested in going behind enemy lines to play as a Helghast simply because I fucking LOVE the look, Gas masks are cool and space Nazis are cool but after playing 2 and 3 the story is just uninteresting as fuck if they can fix that sure but until then they feel held back from Triple A status.

Killzone 1 and Liberation had much better stories than Killzone 2 and Killzone 3. I was honestly really Dissappointed with 3s story, Esspically on the opening level where it tricked me into believing I was a helghast, but I was actually just Sev...

If they could have gotten better writers that actually expanded on the world they created and kept some of their original creative minds from the first games it probably could have turned out Triple A status as you say.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

@senorfuzzeh said:

An idea I've always had, was to see the story through the prespective of a Helghast. Not all the helghast are bad, Their just angry and mislead by higher-ups. Honestly I've been more interested with the Helghast in the past two games over my Jug-head companion Rico (Worst Companion I've ever had with me in a game) I feel like there could be some really interesting story mechanics here. Maybe see what the people of Helghan are like behind all that gear.

I was curious if any one else had Ideas on this.

Here is a half-helgan, Gregor Hakha, from the first game on the PS2.

No Caption Provided
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Jeust:

I know, but thats different, He is working for the ISA. I ment more seeing the planet Helghan through the eyes of a helghast and actually working for the helghast army. Could have had some good prespectives on morals and play with emotions.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust

@senorfuzzeh: It is a good idea, maybe you'll get what you wish for, if Sony and Guerrilla decide to invest more on the Killzone franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I feel like the Helghast have been more interesting than the... other... space dudes... generic space guys, yeah, I can't remember what they called themselves.

A would be very interested in a game that showed us more of the Helghast because honestly, they are only thing worth a damn in the Killzone fiction in my opinion.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Commisar123

I love the look of the Helghast, but I wouldn't want to play as them because they are basically space fascists.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Commisar123: Playing as space facist who has internal conflict abotu what his leader and fellow man says, creates for interesting indepth story. Better than "Those guys are bad, shoot them"

@Village_Guy: Agreed, when people think Killzone they think helghast, not "Other...space dudes"

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MiniPato

I'll admit I bought Killzone 1 because I thought you played as the Helghast. I did not take notice of the four little silhouettes in the corner that were the main characters.

Avatar image for lady_of_the_patriots
    Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MiniPato: Ha!

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By me3639

i just finished KZ 2 about a week ago and have to agree LOVE this game. I am not one to play online a lot but probably becasue a lot of die hard core players have moved on to KZ3, the online is awesome. My only complaint of the game is it needed a few MGS cut scenes to get what i consider a great  story to reach its potential.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

@Evilsbane said:

luckly i refuse to play story mode in fps games. online only.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.