Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Wow. They fixed everything!

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zagzagovich

I recently rented Killzone 2 to compare it to 3 (that is already out in Russia btw) and had a terrible experience with it. I was actually all for the weighty weapons on paper but 30 minutes into the game I found myself dying over and over during reload or changing weapons. The fact that you can only carry one gun was pretty bad too, especially during the later parts of the game. Cover straight up didn't work. And even though the story wasn't that important it didn't help that it was pretty boring.

I can't believe that all of these things were addressed in Killzone 3. Shooting is responsive and fun. Cover works as intended. Story is actually very entertaining and it takes you to all sorts of crazy places. The whole game just feels great. I breezed through it without stopping and had a great time. I haven't tried the multi-player yet but with all these improvements I'm sure it's great too.
    P.S.
    Virtual Malcolm Mcdowell is perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah from all the hours I have played in Killzone 2 (160 I think) Killzone 3 feels great but still has a certain weighty feel that makes the game unique.  

I really can't wait for this game, Killzone 2 is my favourite game this generation.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Grissefar
    @ZagZagovich said:
    " I recently rented Killzone 2 to compare it to 3 (that is already out in Russia btw) and had a terrible experience with it. I was actually all for the weighty weapons on paper but 30 minutes into the game I found myself dying over and over during reload or changing weapons. The fact that you can only carry one gun was pretty bad too, especially during the later parts of the game. Cover straight up didn't work. And even though the story wasn't that important it didn't help that it was pretty boring.  I can't believe that all of these things were addressed in Killzone 3. Shooting is responsive and fun. Cover works as intended. Story is actually very entertaining and it takes you to all sorts of crazy places. The whole game just feels great. I breezed through it without stopping and had a great time. I haven't tried the multi-player yet but with all these improvements I'm sure it's great too. P.S. Virtual Malcolm Mcdowell is perfect. "
    Yes from the demo the singleplayer seems much better than KZ2.

The multiplayer is a bit "meh" though. The new way of unlocking doesn't behoove me since I like unlocking and customizing in my multiplayer games.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gizmo
    @Grissefar:  

Completely disagree with you, I thought the open beta was fantastic, and the singleplayer demo seemed just fine. It's all about the multiplayer in Killzone, though.
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By metalmoog

No complaints from me either. I played Killzone 2 and loved it, but welcome all of the new changes. The singleplayer demo was mint. Sliding to cover, and being able to move while in cover and pop in and out without having to hold down the L2 button is a huge relief. The faster more responsive and fluid controls and animations are welcome too. The melee kills are massively entertaining and give me a rush everytime I do one, be it on a human controller player or an npc, it's good stuff all around. All in all from the demo's and beta I feel Killzone 3 is a massive improvement and a great achievement for Guerrilla Games.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv

i had no problems with killzone 2 but this seems like a nice set of changes. 

hopefully resistance 3 can do the same for that series because 2 was kind of awful compared to the first.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Boiglenoight
    @Gizmo said:
    " @Grissefar:   Completely disagree with you, I thought the open beta was fantastic, and the singleplayer demo seemed just fine. It's all about the multiplayer in Killzone, though. "
    This.  The MP beta was so much fun, thanks in large part to the Move.  At some point the neighbors will knock to inquire about the satanic red orb floating around in the darkness.
    darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By darkknightbob
    @keef said:
    " @Gizmo said:
    " @Grissefar:   Completely disagree with you, I thought the open beta was fantastic, and the singleplayer demo seemed just fine. It's all about the multiplayer in Killzone, though. "
    This.  The MP beta was so much fun, thanks in large part to the Move.  At some point the neighbors will knock to inquire about the satanic red orb floating around in the darkness. "
    and the crazy loon swining it about in the room
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rowr

The beta has blown me away.  Playing with the move controller has reinvigorated my interest towards playing an fps on the console.

I was excited to finally play killzone 2 a few months ago when i got my ps3 and was complete and utterly underwhelmed, i probably plays about 2 hours of it, and it probably will be all i ever play of it.

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sawboss

I loved the demo so much compared to Killzone 2, I broke down and pre ordered.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unchained

While I enjoyed Killzone 2 well enough, I haven't really gone back to it after I played through the campaign. Considering that, while I knew I was going to buy Killzone 3, I thought I'd get it just as a time-passer until the games I really want get released. After playing the singleplayer demo, I can say that I'm actually pretty excited for the release of this game. Even more than Bulletstorm, surprisingly enough for me (that is in no way a slam on Bulletstorm, I'm pretty excited for that game too!) 

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Slaker117
    @ZagZagovich said:

"P.S. Virtual Malcolm Mcdowell is perfect. "

I don't even have a PS3 so I have no investment in this game but read a few reviews anyway, and it really bothered me how many people pointed to the Helghast leaders and said that they were just Nazi stereotypes. From the video I've seen, yes they are, but they're prefect at it. Malcolm McDowell's character specifically just looks and sounds like the epitome of a British space dick, and I love him for it. I understand that in general falling into cliches is lazy and boring, but if it's well done, layoff and enjoy it.
    McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McQuinn

I'm enjoying the changes to KZ3. I miss my boost pill, but some of the new ones are just too badass. But I liked at least having the option of switching perks between classes.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Wuddel
    @Bucketdeth said:
    "I really can't wait for this game, Killzone 2 is my favourite game this generation. "
    Wel KZ2 was fine. But not really spectacular. You dear Sir, need to buy Mass Effect 2.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By project343
    @MetalMoog said:
    " No complaints from me either. I played Killzone 2 and loved it, but welcome all of the new changes. The singleplayer demo was mint. Sliding to cover, and being able to move while in cover and pop in and out without having to hold down the L2 button is a huge relief. The faster more responsive and fluid controls and animations are welcome too. The melee kills are massively entertaining and give me a rush everytime I do one, be it on a human controller player or an npc, it's good stuff all around. All in all from the demo's and beta I feel Killzone 3 is a massive improvement and a great achievement for Guerrilla Games. "
    Absolutely nailed my thoughts, 100%.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Wuddel said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    "I really can't wait for this game, Killzone 2 is my favourite game this generation. "
    Wel KZ2 was fine. But not really spectacular. You dear Sir, need to buy Mass Effect 2. "
    I own Mass Effect 2, Killzone 2 is still my favorite game this generation.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Wuddel
    @Bucketdeth: Fair enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.