Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

Killzone comes to PlayStation 4.

The second half of this game is the worst.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought Jeff was being a little harsh in the review but once you head to Helghan this game turns in to a shit show. Annoying ass robots that you have to disable with EMP but only have so many EMP charges to use. Turrets that you can only kill after inserting capacitors and shooting them. Infinite enemy spawns in a hold-out mission. A terrible boss fight where the guy just disappears for no reason. And now I'm floating through the air trying to get in to a space station and I'm being shot at every step of the way.

It almost seems like they didn't have time for any real gameplay testing on the back half. None of the things I've had to do in the second half of this game is fun.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I really enjoyed the game till the very end, basically the same as you. The only thing that I really hated was the dudes that needed to be EMP'd by your OWL. Other than that it wasn't too bad, but I don't ever wanna play through that ending again.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I thought the parts where you have to disable the mobile scan units was pretty enjoyable, actually. And you don't have to use EMPs to kill those robots. The capacitors actually do a nice job. That and the rocket launchers they leave laying around those areas. You didn't mention the free-fall section though, which is probably the worst part of the whole game.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wrote a real lengthy detailed reply with good thoughts and advice, marked a selection of text I wanted to spoil because it was about bad bits in the final stage but it marked all the text I had written as a spoiler instead. I followed the message editors advice and "Delete". Turns out that deleted my entire message.

I cannot be bothered typing out some 500 words again.

I will write this. Final stage spoiler, if you end up in more frustration and general "argh" than I experienced at the boss and the immediate corner of the environment that led up to the boss of chapter 7, so this is for the final stage, great tactics that will make it easier for you and not take hours like I did: DO NOT DO IT IN STEALTH! Run and gun, and fuck this message editor, I wish I was an engineer so I could help make it not suck.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

but...but...but...

The first half of the game is terrible. I haven't gotten to the second half. So I guess I won't bother playing anymore. Haven't gotten the itch to put it back in either.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@somejerk: Only issue is the last room and that is easily negated by just picking up the mini gun and constantly pinging and turning to see people trying to sneak up on you. Game was ridiculously easy even on the highest difficulty. Most of the complaints presented in the first post are just a persons inability to do things quickly and take enemies out efficiently. Hold out mission is a joke if you lock the top floor.

@noremnants Also you're having issues with a part where you have an instant kill rocket launcher? Or do you not know that you have a weapon to use during that free fall section? Pressing buttons sure is fun to check out what you have during different gameplay sections!

Free fall section was apparently patched as was another section. Not sure about the patches effectiveness because I beat it before those balancing patches hit.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

As someone who really liked the first half I was pretty disappointed by the second. It began to unravel for me around the time you were trying to escape with the sniper lady. Some of the more mundane aspects of the gameplay were fine with me as I long as I could experience some of the more exciting spectacles in the beginning. Eventually the novelty of it's visual prowess wore off and I was left with a fairly boring game.

I don't exactly regret purchasing it as a launch game as I do for the wasted potential.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Great….stopped playing after the first hour, reading this will push back when I finally play and beat this game.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea for me it starts going down hill once you get back to Helghan. Also, the first ending sequence is comically bad.

The multi-player is pretty good though.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad I sold this disappointment. Remember how dope two and three were? This felt like what it was. " let's shit something out for launch!" And that's too bad.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By development

@somejerk: It happens to us all. Battle scars.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I thought Jeff was being a little harsh in the review but once you head to Helghan this game turns in to a shit show. Annoying ass robots that you have to disable with EMP but only have so many EMP charges to use. Turrets that you can only kill after inserting capacitors and shooting them. Infinite enemy spawns in a hold-out mission. A terrible boss fight where the guy just disappears for no reason. And now I'm floating through the air trying to get in to a space station and I'm being shot at every step of the way.

It almost seems like they didn't have time for any real gameplay testing on the back half. None of the things I've had to do in the second half of this game is fun.

You don't like that part where you float to the station? It got nerfed in a patch, it was even longer at launch.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

I enjoyed a couple of levels in the first half of the game, mostly thanks to the OWL and the more open levels.

I ended up not even finishing the game, it really does get rotten. BF4's campaign was actually superior in my eyes, and that's saying something..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.