Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 02, 2004

Fight back against the Helghast invasion with your four man squad to save the Vektan colony.

Wow. What a boring game.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BBQBram

I just randomly checked this out for the first time and wow, what a piece of shit. The story is non-existant, the art is the most generic brown and grey snoozeville, and the pacing is like being pushed through a corridor at a constant speed by NPCs who don't even try to mask their blatant tutorial function. And I realize it's hard to put the gameplay in perspective after CoD4 and MW2 but wow, this is the same gen as Halo and HL-2? Sluggish as hell.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SBYM

I really did not like it when I played it a few years ago, and that was during a time where I rarely got to play games and was thus entertained by nearly every new title I got to try.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By harvey_the_pooka

Agreed. Didn´t finish it it´s just a little generic...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NTM

I liked it a lot, when I played it at the time it came out, it was one of my favorite games. I wish that they remaster it and put it on PSN. HD-ify it, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, bug fixes, and make it run at 60 frames per second, and maybe give it iron sites, though that can be left out I guess. I would definitely get it. I hope they come around and release it like that, instead of not putting it out altogether like they are. I have the PS2 version, but I haven't played it in a long time, and don't really plan to, but I'd still like this. And yes, I know this thread is old.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jazzycola

Yep, I tried playing it when I got my PS2 about 6 months prior to the PS3 launching and I could barely get through 2 hours of it. Killzone 2 wasn't any better and only served as a game that shows how to make characters completely unlikable.

@NekuSakuraba said:

You're doing it wrong, you should be playing this.

No you're doing it wrong. Hint: Don't play any Killzone game!

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I thought the first Killzone looked amazing for the PS2 and I liked the multiplayer a bit since it was one of my earlier console multiplayer experiences, but other than that I never really got hooked on the franchise. Never found it in me to pick up Killzone 2 or 3 after I got a PS3, even.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

Killzone 2 is much better, Killzone 1 did get bashed a whole lot when it came out. I never got to play it. I did enjoy the second one, but it's still a gunmetal gray, sluggish shooter that feels really weird.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By thechronodarkness

Lets get this out of the way, sony first party studios can't quite do shooters, period. Uncharted with the bullet soaking heads, resistence with all the blandness, and killzone just feels like its trying too hard. But theres no soul to any of them. Yes, killzone 2 and 3 look and sound pretty great, but thats about all I get out of them. Now I loved the ps2 socom games. Even though they were far from perfect, there was a soul to them. It felt right. Killzone went head to head with halo 2. Yeah...

I wish sony would go back to their old roots. Jet moto was awesome. Crash bandicoot was amazing till it hit the ps2 with other companys.Spyro was nice on ps1. Socom 4 just felt forced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.