Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

''Core'' games that would work with Kinect?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So at this years E3 we where shown some great titles for Kinect like...Kinectimals? 

Anyway, what core games do you think would work well with Kinect? After playing ''Zeno Clash'' on PC I thought that it might be okay with Kinect but I'm not really sure. 

What do you think?

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

None of them. It cant properly detect you sitting down and lacks the timely precision required for most core games.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WalkerTR77

Hopefully it will incorporate me thrusting at my tv into fable 3 somehow.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @WalkerTR77 said:
    " Hopefully it will incorporate me thrusting at my tv into fable 3 somehow. "
    Unprotected sex?
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jimbo

It doesn't really look accurate enough or responsive enough to be used for any of the traditional genres.

@NekuSakuraba said:

"After playing ''Zeno Clash'' on PC I thought that it might be okay with Kinect but I'm not really sure.  What do you think? "

How would you move your character around?
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By penguindust

I think some sort of limited RTS like Overlord or Pikman (I know, Big N property) could work with that controller.  Maybe a dumbed down version of Brutal Legend.  If you were able to pick troops and then direct them to attack or hold using hand gestures, I think 'core players might get into that.  Another type of game that could work with Kinect is the Dynasty Warriors genre where you're basically jumping from bundle of troops to bundle to troops mowing them all down with a swing of your sword.  If you could direct your motion by leaning or using your left hand, then attack by motioning with your right arm, I think that would offer something different than the Wii-like party games we've seen so far.  There is a lot more to Children of Eden in its controls that I think is the direction game makers need to take Kinect if they wish to attract the 'core market.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By rjayb89

Everything is just gonna end up like Tony Hawk: Ride if you're gonna wanna move around yourself.

thatguy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By thatguy42

Not really a "core" game I suppose, but it would be interesting to play tetris with the Kinect. Like you rotate and place the tetrominos with your hands and I guess they would have to do something like have a mode where multiple tetrominos fall at once.  But this would probably never go past the Xbox Live Marketplace

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Cirdain
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Jimbo said:

" It doesn't really look accurate enough or responsive enough to be used for any of the traditional genres.

@NekuSakuraba

said:

"After playing ''Zeno Clash'' on PC I thought that it might be okay with Kinect but I'm not really sure.  What do you think? "

How would you move your character around? "
    FUCK YOU MICROSOFT AND OUR INABILITY TO WALK IN GAMES. 

Guess it is more of a Playstaion move game then.
    eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By eccentrix

I want some physics-based minigames, like Flash games where you have to balance stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.