Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Project Natal To Launch At $150?

• 157 results
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By dagas

Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't care about Natal or 3D or any of that. They should focus on making the games better instead of focusing on gimmicks.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Damian

They could have said Natal will be $50 and there would be the same level of bitchery in this comment section. In fact, whenever this or Move are talked about in any form, all I see are comments like "why do I need this?" (BTW, you don't. No one does. We're still talking about video games here).

$150 is not that surprizing a price, y'all. That makes it cheaper than a Wii, and more expensive than a Wii fit. Now how did those two products sell to the "non-traditional gamer" market?

Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#153  Edited By Piranesi

Will buy, will regret ...
    Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By Faint

it makes sense considering people already need to have a 360. it cant sell at a console price.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By nok
    @Piranesi said:
    "Will buy, will regret ... "

Agree.....
    kmv_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By kmv_007

$150 would be a non-starter for the majority of current 360 owners - there's no way I would drop another 1/2 console for a peripheral.  MS would need a serious attach rate for Natal to be a success, and very few peripherals get the attach rate needed to be successful.  I also don't think a $300 Arcade + Natal is a good deal either.  

Microsoft leaking a $150 price before E3, then launching it at $99 starting in September?  I'd understand that.  Their best idea is for a new SKU that includes a slim 360 with a built-in hard drive (at least 60 GB capacity) with a Natal for $300.  

I'm afraid that MS has to treat Natal like a new console, in that they will have to sell the hardware at a loss in order for units to get out there and become attractive enough for developers to program for it. 

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By sixpin
    @ShaunassNZ: 
    @sofacitysweetheart: 

Hardly. I'm mostly a 360 guy myself. My PS3 is little more than a Blu-Ray player. Natal, Move, and the Wii hold little interest for me. Thanks for the leap in logic though. Glad I could prove my internet cred for you guys. Now I can finally breath that sarcastic sigh of relief.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Buccura said:
    "  ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE US DOLLARS "
    IT'S OVER NINETY!
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Virago

terrifying, if i do say so myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.