Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide, thought this was funny.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By Vonocourt

"A loud clatter of gunk music flooded through the Heart of Gold cabin as Zaphod searched the sub-etha radio wave bands for news of himself. The machine was rather difficult to operate. For years radios had been operated by means of pressing buttons and turning dials; then as the technology became more sophisticated the controls were made touch-sensitive -- you merely had to brush the panels with your fingers; now all you had to do was wave your hand in the general direction of the components and hope. It saved a lot of muscular expenditure, of course, but meant that you had to sit infuriatingly still if you wanted to keep listening to the same program."

Goes from dials and buttons, to touchscreen, then finally motion sensing. With the description seemingly being pretty appropriate, barring the statement of lack of muscular expenditure.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vonocourt

"A loud clatter of gunk music flooded through the Heart of Gold cabin as Zaphod searched the sub-etha radio wave bands for news of himself. The machine was rather difficult to operate. For years radios had been operated by means of pressing buttons and turning dials; then as the technology became more sophisticated the controls were made touch-sensitive -- you merely had to brush the panels with your fingers; now all you had to do was wave your hand in the general direction of the components and hope. It saved a lot of muscular expenditure, of course, but meant that you had to sit infuriatingly still if you wanted to keep listening to the same program."

Goes from dials and buttons, to touchscreen, then finally motion sensing. With the description seemingly being pretty appropriate, barring the statement of lack of muscular expenditure.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

This is way better than youtube spam. Novel spam is novel. I can dig it.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vonocourt

@Claude said:

Yeah, debated whether I should've linked it to the forum. Oh well, flag me if necessary people.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

@Vonocourt said:

@Claude said:

Yeah, debated whether I should've linked it to the forum. Oh well, flag me if necessary people.

No, no, everyone should read that novel. What are you? Crazy. I ain't flaggin'.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vonocourt

Not crazy, just extremely meek.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I agree that Hitchhiker's Guide should be read. It's still relevant pop culture but I think this should have been on off topic forum. Being on Kinect is tenuous at best.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

It's like it's describing the Fruit Ninja Kinect menu navigation :D

fantastic!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.