Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

King's Quest

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2015

Produced by The Odd Gentlemen and released under the revived Sierra label, King's Quest is a re-imagined take on the original series.

1st Chapter Free on PSN & Steam

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Just wanted to let people know cause it looked pretty neat on the Quick Look. First chapter is suppose to be 5-7 hours so pretty substantial. 2nd chapter is only 2-2 and a half hours long I've read.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'd actually recommend considering not getting it, eventhough it's free if you have any intention of playing the whole thing.

The reason being if you take the free episode you will potentially lock yourself out of the epilogue when it's released as that is only available through the complete collection version.

It is a solvable problem, You can get around the issue by keying keys off Steam or by deleting Chapter 1 out of your library, but you still will have to purchase the CC not the season pass to get the complete game. So if you have any desire to play the epilogue downloading the free part 1 will not save you any money and will cause you a bit of hassle.

Really terrible decision on the part of the devs/activision to do that to people.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This makes it even more pathetic that this single episode was one of our "free" PS4 games, that I happened to pay $49.99 for. But I can't complain, because it was "free," right?

Seriously, Sony, don't ever do that again. Plus is still worth it, but Sony isn't helping the comparative value between their service and that of their closest competitor.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Did the no epilogue with the season pass thing ever change? I thought they mentioned something about it on the podcast, but they're only right about things like that like 75% of the time.

Season pass is $2.50 less than the complete collection on Steam right now. Do they contain the same content now?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just wanted to let people know cause it looked pretty neat on the Quick Look. First chapter is suppose to be 5-7 hours so pretty substantial. 2nd chapter is only 2-2 and a half hours long I've read.

Yeah, I'd add the warning that the first episode isn't exactly a great representation of the entire game. Personally I found that for each chapter that came out my enthusiasm for it decreased drastically. The first chapter was still pretty great though, so checking it out at no charge is totally worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.