Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 13, 2018

A medieval open world RPG focused on period-accurate fighting and technique.

Is it patched enough yet? June 2018 edition.

pappafost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pappafost

I tried Kingdom Come: Deliverance at launch and it was a buggy mess. Is it patched enough yet (June 2018) where I should try it now, or should I wait even longer? Thanks!

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That’s what I’ve been waiting to hear, it’s on sale now... but does it run any better on consoles?!?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

Okay, I'll be bumping this. Can anyone here recommend this game? I'll be playing it on the Xbox One X if I ever get it. I was going to make a new thread, but this one will suffice. Rather than simply recommending it as one can just say 'well, that depends' just say whether you enjoyed it yourself, and why? As well as its issues you've had. Thanks!

Edit - I was just reading about the latest patches the game got, and I guess a 1.6 patch just came out. The developers posted a video about the 1.5 patch. Seems really cool that they're paying attention to people playing it and taking note of its issues to fix them.

Loading Video...

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played the PC version at release.

Apparently a lot of people had a lot of problems with it, but that wasn't my experience. I had the guard's spear duplication bug that everyone had, and one other potentially game-breaking bug that I was able to avoid by loading a previous save. Granted, anything game-breaking is real, real bad, and had I not realized something was wrong and Googled it before getting too far and breaking my save I would've been pissed. Nothing egregious comes to mind other than those two things.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It has an ambitious level of realism that at first glance would surely bog the game down too much, but the truth is they did a great job. You're not a known badass like Geralt, or somehow destined for greatness like in Skyrim. You're a nobody from nowhere with nothing. You can't even read! It's actually a refreshing change of pace.

Besides the technical issues it had at launch I can't really think of anything bad to say about it. The worst thing I can think of to say is it's not for everyone. If playing a "peasant simulator" doesn't sound interesting, or if you aren't interested in the time period if it doesn't have magic and dragons maybe give it a pass. Otherwise, give it a go!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it in April and it was totally fine then. It's been fine.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane: I'm super into the idea of a more realistic approach, the only thing I'm concerned about is whether the technical issues really detract from the experience, and how much the saves might hinder the experience. I know they've patched it so it saves more often though, and they also patched it so there are fewer glitches, but I am curious about frame rate. Supposedly even on the X, the game doesn't retain a consistent frame rate. If those things aren't that bad, I'd be into it I think. In fact, I'm more into it for the fact they're trying to be historically accurate, which means no magic and what have you. It's not only a nice change, but it might also allow for learning a bit about history. I am really curious about the exploration and story.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I played it at release on PC. My hardware is not very up-to-date so I can't speak for performance objectively, but it ran rather poorly when I visited towns and acceptably in the wilderness. The game itself is pretty fun and I'd say its attempt at depicting a realistic medieval world is immersive and well done. However, I didn't finish the game due to its weird difficulty curve. The game starts out hard, with enemies being very lethal, which I was fine with as it fit the theme and reflected how under-equipped I was. But at some point the difficulty weirdly and sharply reversed and I was steamrolling through every enemy encounter effortlessly. This lessened my enjoyment of the game, and the main quest didn't hook me as much as I hoped, so I didn't really feel motivated to keep going. I don't know if they made any balance changes after the release to address that, if they did I might return to it. Also, the world itself is a bit empty. There are activities and sidequests to do, but I feel like the game could use more of those with all the space they have created.

fzzywarbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got this yesterday on PSN. So far the only “bug” I’ve encountered was audio/visual hiccups upon my first launch. During the opening cinematic it would briefly pause unpause every few seconds. As if it was struggling to load. I restarted the PS4, problem solved. Gameplay is deep with this one. Be warned, it’s not embracing, but it’s rewarding.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they patch in a reasonable save system yet?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Save on quit was added like a week after release or something.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: That's... better.. I guess. Kind of sounds like a low bar barely cleared but whatever.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pappafost: Which platform do you own it on?

The PC version can be modded to a point where it's much more palatable.

Avatar image for rated_r_superstar
    Rated_R_Superstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the game since launch on XBX and only had one negative thing happen during play. It was after one of the early patches. The game would freeze and I'd have to restart it. It only happened to me one day but happened multiple times in a row after like 10 or 15 minutes of play. But I think they fixed it cause I never had it happen again after that one day. I think it is an amazing game despite some weird aspects like the save system and such.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Greg

@rated_r_superstar: How does it look and run on the X, with all the enhancements? Been hoping for it to go on sale so that I can try it.

My PC is quite old, so it doesn't run too well on the best settings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.