Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 13, 2018

A medieval open world RPG focused on period-accurate fighting and technique.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is out now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mankvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Is it worth getting right now or waiting a few patches until the jank is ironed out?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While I do think that it should get it's own thread, it's amusing to me that the lead designer being a total knob in public and that rubbing people the wrong way is somehow being blamed on the people it rubs the wrong way on these forums.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Moe, the jank! The jank!

Cure_Optimism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: Nobody is blaming anybody for being offended. They're being blamed for derailing what was supposed to be a cordial discussion about the merits and faults of a game, and turning it into a discussion about the merits and faults of a person. But you know that, which is why you agree it should get its own thread. As is, the people who don't care about Daniel Vavra are being shoehorned into a bunch of drama. It's obnoxious and brings a bunch of unwanted negativity.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cure_optimism: But the thing is, Vavra is the one to blame there. He said those things. Some people can't separate artist from art, including the lead designer of a video game. I get why it keeps coming up, and why it hounds this guy. If he had kept his mouth shut from the beginning, it wouldn't be an issue in this thread. I blame Vavra, not the people that have a tough time not talking about it, is my point.

But dammit, I'm doing it now! Sorry. I don't even own this game still so I'm going to just see myself out!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206  Edited By TyCobb

Well it looks like this site still cannot keep bullshit out of game topics. Guess I'll try the forums again in another year.

And for those having issues with the lock-picking, it's not easier on the PC. There is a nice mod though to add sectors to help out following. https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/32

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I honestly don't find the lockpicking difficult at all and find it a breath of fresh air from the old lockpick system that's been in use since Fallout 3 ad nauseum now. I hope they don't change it too much or at least give people a toggleable option for it to remain the same.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@conmulligan: Wow, people are massively underselling this guy when they call him "anti-PC." What a huge fuckin asshole.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It surprises me how selective some people want to be in this conversation. Like it or not the issues that are constantly brought up about this game are brought up because it has to do with the game. You can hear no evil, see no evil all you want and more power to you but you can't tell people not to bring up the very real problematic shit that not only surrounds the game but is baked right into it. If that conversation makes you uncomfortable or you don't want to talk about it that's fine no one is forcing you to. But to claim that this stuff doesn't have anything to do with the game and shouldn't be talked about when discussing it is being willfully dismissive of things that are real problems for people. Draw your own lines where you want them but you cant tell people to separate things that cant be separated for them.

I cant separate those things from the game personally. If you can there's no judgment here but the whole thing just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fatalbanana: the problem is it is not a conversation that is going to go anywhere and tends to start thread closing shitstorms. Let this thread exist for people to talk about the gameplay without it getting locked and start the conflagration elsewhere.

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want to do is talk about the actual game, not the racism. I for one think the game is an absolute achievement and I am really loving it. The racism of the lead designer is, obviously, bad. It is actually possible to separate art from the creator.
    This thread will get locked if this continues. I'm not saying the racism should be ignored, but please make your own thread about it so people can just fucking talk about the GAME

ultra2extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hero_swe: They'd have to be extremely cheap before i'd trust buying a decent used card. Feel like anything used in a mining rig would be half way burnt out by the time they sell it used.

Thats crazy, ive mined hard on cards for many years their gamin performance has never wavered. Thats like dating a hot girl but assuming her fanny gonna fall off because she once had a threesome in the local park.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It surprises me how selective some people want to be in this conversation. Like it or not the issues that are constantly brought up about this game are brought up because it has to do with the game. You can hear no evil, see no evil all you want and more power to you but you can't tell people not to bring up the very real problematic shit that not only surrounds the game but is baked right into it. If that conversation makes you uncomfortable or you don't want to talk about it that's fine no one is forcing you to. But to claim that this stuff doesn't have anything to do with the game and shouldn't be talked about when discussing it is being willfully dismissive of things that are real problems for people. Draw your own lines where you want them but you cant tell people to separate things that cant be separated for them.

I cant separate those things from the game personally. If you can there's no judgment here but the whole thing just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Baked in how exactly? I haven't played the game, but I'm assuming you have based on your description of it, so is there actual anti-Muslim stuff (and such) in the game?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#215  Edited By mike

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.