Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 13, 2018

A medieval open world RPG focused on period-accurate fighting and technique.

Kingdom Come Kickstarter (realistic medieval RPG)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Looks like Kingdom Come: Deliverance just opened a Kickstarter. It is not even for the whole game but to show that it is worth investing money in.

These are the features:

Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux

Release date: Q4, 2015 on PC, Mac and Linux

Approx. gameplay time: 30 hours (Act 1), 70+ hours (all 3 acts)

• Non-linear story lets you choose between being a villain or a savior. Every quest can be solved in multiple ways.
    • A revolutionary combat systembased on inverse kinematics, the only one of its kind to offer a rich, authentic yet easy-to-control, first-person melee experience. Based on actual 15th century fighting techniques and designed in cooperation with medieval martial arts experts.
    • Improve your character. Different play styles - warrior, rogue or bard - can be mixed and matched as you see fit. You can develop your skills, earn new perks, and fine-tune your equipment.
    • Large realistic, medieval-themed, open world landscape covering 3.5 square miles and 30 hours of gameplay (in first act, out of 3 total).
    • Lead the charge in enormous, open field battles and sieges. You are no superhero. If you’re going to take on an army of enemies, you better find one of your own to back you up.
    • Take a trip through the Middle Ages: Traverse sprawling cities, magnificent castles, towering, dark forests, and muck-strewn villages.
    • Discover this huge world from horseback or on foot. If you can see it, you can visit it.
    • A dynamic world comes alive. Every inhabitant plays a role in their communities, and as night follows day, you can watch people work, help them when needed, or try to interfere in their routine and see what happens.
    • Build relationships with characters, become a criminal or a local hero, seduce local women, threaten your enemies or pardon vanquished opponents.
    • Create your own weapons, cook, brew up potions, or dig around for silver. All crafting occurs in-game, using clever mini-games, rather than boring, soulless menu

Gif of the Combat:

They need 500k $ to show that it is worth it and they are nearly there with 28 days left. So If you want it for a lesser price you should back it now. They also have a 8 minute video which shows a lot of gameplay and what they want to create with this game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

This looks really fantastic and the stuff they already have is very promising in my opinion.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems very ambitions for a $500.000 game.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Sure, the game looks pretty interesting, but I only feel good about funding a kickstarter when it's from a developer I trust to make something I will enjoy. When you tell me "From the guys who brought you Mafia..." it doesn't make me very enthusiastic.

Also, having to raise $500,000 from Kickstarter to convince a private investor to fund a game which looks to need millions is not the most assuring sign. Hey, I could be wrong and this game could come out and be amazing, I sure hope so. But if it is, I'll pick it up when it's finished and reviewed.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I saw this a little while ago, I appreciate that they're making an attempt at making first person melee combat actually fun. Seems like they're directly making a hit at the terrible TES combat :P

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And there was me thinking it was going too be based on this -

But then again why would DC need Kickstarter monies.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stete

Looks ambitious but the fact that you wont get the full game unless you pay £300 is ridiculous. Unless of course, the acts are the size of a Mass Effect game.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darji

@stete: Act 1 is 30 hours of gameplay so yeah it should be as big as Mass effect in terms of content. Also this is not the first kickstarter that does this to show investors interest in games. You guys should watch the video which explains also why they have to do it like that.

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Banshee

@scampbell said:

Seems very ambitions for a $500.000 game.

The game's already been in development for 18+ months, and they've already spent 1.5 million in that time.

The goal is only around 10% of their overall planed budget. The Kickstarter is there to show their investor that there is interest in the game.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

heh .... it is already funded!!!! :D do hope the game comes out as they have planned and on Ps4 , might be the thing that gets me to buy a next gen console in the end.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I don't know man, kickstarter and all

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Too amazing, but the developers seem very smart in their blog posts like about the map size of being just right.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems pretty cool but all of the "gameplay" animations look canned as fuck

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it looks an awful lot like Mount & Blade 2.

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since they've hit £300,000 so quickly, they now have some stretch goals.

• £400,000 - Live in-game period music: In-game music will be live medieval music recorded by local Czech masters, note for note from ancient song books.
    • £500,000 - Symphonic orchestra soundtrack: Soundtrack for cutscenes will be recorded by a live symphonic orchestra.
    • £600,000 - Playable female character: We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise £600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous and good at stealth.
    • £700,000 - Performance motion capture: Motion capture is one of the most expensive parts of development. If we reach this goal, we will be able to capture actors with the latest and greatest technology and capture not only their body movement, but also their facial animation and voices at the same time. This will deliver the best natural looking cutscenes and dialogues possible. If you saw Ryse, we talk about the same quality here.
    • £800,000 - Coming soon?
    • £1,000,000 - Coming soon?

They're currently at £478,000, and there is still 24 days left.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.