Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 31, 2012

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is a new entry in the Kingdom Hearts series for the 3DS.

Behind the Scenes: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Review

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Edited By tutuboy95

Read the review here. I'm going to write reviews semi-frequently, so I feel like making a couple things clear would allow for more transparency. This is copying Ryan Clements of IGN, because this is something I was impressed with.

-I've played every previous Kingdom Hearts game in the series, but not fully through on some of them. I played Chain of Memories, Re:Coded, and 358/2 Days fully, but not KH, KH II, or KH Birth By Sleep fully (about 5-10 hours per) due to my lack of anything Playstation.

-I completed this game on Standard Difficulty, in about 24 hours. I'm still playing. My total game time is 27 hours so far.

-I "Dropped" 27 times at this point.

-Mostly in standard lighting, played at 1 brightness. In below-average lighting, 1 brightness was ideal. In the presence of any sunlight, at least 2 brightness was needed, due to the common darker dungeons.

-3D was played in all cutscenes, and sometimes in boss fights.

-I used the Circle Pad Pro once.

-This game lost points due to:

• Poor storytelling
    • Lame camera
    • Lack of the overall KH magic (subjective, I know)

-This is still a good game that you should buy.

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tutuboy95

Read the review here. I'm going to write reviews semi-frequently, so I feel like making a couple things clear would allow for more transparency. This is copying Ryan Clements of IGN, because this is something I was impressed with.

-I've played every previous Kingdom Hearts game in the series, but not fully through on some of them. I played Chain of Memories, Re:Coded, and 358/2 Days fully, but not KH, KH II, or KH Birth By Sleep fully (about 5-10 hours per) due to my lack of anything Playstation.

-I completed this game on Standard Difficulty, in about 24 hours. I'm still playing. My total game time is 27 hours so far.

-I "Dropped" 27 times at this point.

-Mostly in standard lighting, played at 1 brightness. In below-average lighting, 1 brightness was ideal. In the presence of any sunlight, at least 2 brightness was needed, due to the common darker dungeons.

-3D was played in all cutscenes, and sometimes in boss fights.

-I used the Circle Pad Pro once.

-This game lost points due to:

• Poor storytelling
    • Lame camera
    • Lack of the overall KH magic (subjective, I know)

-This is still a good game that you should buy.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Molenator85

I hadn't played anything Kingdom Hearts since two, but I can't remember the dialogue being as stilted as it is in KH 3D. What the characters are saying is pretty crazy, but the weird gaps in between character talking back and forth is really jarring. I think that is what hurt the storytelling more than anything else for me.

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tutuboy95

@Molenator85: I never really thought about it, to be honest. I guess you're right, but my suspension-of-disbelief when it comes to video game dialogue (I have a lower expectation of all non-television or film dialogue) really didn't make it jump out at me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.