Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Kingdom Hearts III D23 Expo Japan Trailer

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TepidShark

As if announcing a second HD collection wasn't enough, at D23 Japan, Square Enix showed off some new footage of Kingdom Hearts III:

To me this looks more like gameplay then the first trailer did but it could also be CG, hard to tell.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By afabs515

Looks like we're going to disney world! Warning: you must be at least 50 fps to ride

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Holy shit that looks good.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even tell if it's prerendered either, but I can already feel the hype toxin seeping into my bloodstream. Fuck.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah that isn't CG I mean it does look like regular ass kingdom hearts gameplay even down to be fighting heartless, also that train stuff looked cool but only if you're the one controlling it

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TepidShark

Update: A 1080p version from Disney Japan's youtube is now embedded in the post.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Square isn't one to show CG and call it gameplay, if they want to show a CG cutscene they will show a CG cutscene.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TepidShark
    _Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome.

Did his keyblade turn into a gun or some shit at one point, though? Or am I just seeing things?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Donald's lifeless face at 0:55 was kind of amusing to me, but whatever, this game is super early.

Also, when I think about it, Kingdom Hearts and Disney Infinity serve as an interesting contrast to each other: one's a weird crossover of all that old shit (traditional cel animation) while the other is a weird crossover of all that new shit (CG animation, newer live action movies).

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tepidshark: Unless there was some Killzone 2 type controversy about that trailer i am forgetting and i am totally mistaken, that just looks like CG and gameplay mixed together and doesn't claim to be gameplay. The KH3 trailer looks very much like gameplay, and unless there intentionally trying to fool people Sora's clothes don't look nearly as good as the ones Square can do in CG, too many jagged edges up close at 37 seconds in.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TepidShark

@lego_my_eggo: Not to belabor the point but if you put a hud over something aren't you then trying to claim that what is being shown is gameplay?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tepidshark: Yes i would say it would be heavily implied that that was gameplay, but with that FF13 video any shot with the HUD looks like those where the in-game shots, not CG unless im mistaken?

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TepidShark

@lego_my_eggo: I think that is the point. I believe what is shown in that FF13 trailer to be "gameplay" (the stuff with the HUD) is not even close to what the final product was. (or I think so, I never played FF13.) The KH3 stuff looks cool but I am just curious if that is what will actually in the final game.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lego_my_eggo: I think that is the point. I believe what is shown in that FF13 trailer to be "gameplay" (the stuff with the HUD) is not even close to what the final product was. (or I think so, I never played FF13.) The KH3 stuff looks cool but I am just curious if that is what will actually in the final game.

I don't think much of this stuff is final. Nomura said a while ago that Sora would have a new costume and it was heavily implied that what we saw in the first trailer was in game. Some of this doesn't quite look of the same quality. It'll be a while before this thing is released. But whatever, I'd rather they show their progress more frequently rather than keep silent for ages.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@tepidshark: The sections with the HUD are more or less what FF13 looked like in-engine, so i would bet what we get with the final release of KH3 is basically this.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TepidShark
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tepidshark: Its a JRPG, so you selected an attack and the animations play out just like that, so yes but its not really interactive like an action game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Fuck, that video overloaded my hype meter. FUUUCK!

@_zombie_: Yeah, at the end of that big fire combo.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a concept trailer back than. Everything was brand new and that is what the vision was. However you do not even know if this was impossible or just not fu to play like that. Graphic wise it was near that stuff.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

@tepidshark said:

@lego_my_eggo: But FF13 didn't play like what was shown, did it?

FF13 looks a lot like an action game when you watch someone play it. In reality, though, you are just picking options from a menu. You just have to be pretty quick about because combat moves really fast.

Also, this... well, it looks like Kingdom Hearts. You mash X a lot and stare at a bunch of colors, trying to figure out what the hell you're doing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this shit looks good. Maybe I will finally get into Kingdom Hearts when this releases. It's still coming for X1 right?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Snail

I'm stoked, hyped, excited. I've been waiting for this game for too long.

A proper, new Kingdom Hearts home-console game, with improved graphics and better mechanics, starring Sora. Like, holy shit, finally. Let's hope the story isn't the kind of up-its-own-ass, obtuse, obnoxious plot that previous games have seemingly striven for (haven't actually played them). That might be too much to ask out of a modern Square Enix game though!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT THAT HERCULES BOSS I'M BUYING THIS GAME.

WHO EVEN CARES IF THE SQUEENIX PART OF THE STORY IS TERRIBLE SO LONG AS THE DISNEY PART IS THERE.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I missed out on the kKH craze, i'm waiting till 1-2.5 are bundled someway then i'll get 3, this looks good though.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mrfluke

that last piece of that trailer where he's charging to go fight one of the titans on a goddam flying train.

yep they done got me on board.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EXTomar

Kingdom Hearts is the one series where I want them to embrace going completely crazy with. Going super fantastic with crazier scenes than God of War is kind of what the game needs!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks nice

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.