Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

The New Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer from Jump Festa.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

How are the hype levels? I'm pretty sky high right now. Aqua is pretty amazing. We will get backstory on Keyblade War and then we finally get KH3.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is there any actual KH3 video here or just KH 2.8?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Is there any actual KH3 video here or just KH 2.8?

Yes its at the end. The trailer is for everything.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Persona 5, and FFXV it's hard to care about KH3. KH3 looks fairly decent even though it's the same old stuff. That button mashing combat is a bit dated for 2015, i'm not a kid anymore. Nostalgia is really powerful, and KH is a magical series so i'll probably pick it up for that alone.

I know the KH series is centered for kids/early teens, and I was young when i played those games (loved them), but they should know it's been so long since KH2 that many of it's fans have grown up quite a bit.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By octaslash

I just nodded when I saw "it is time to summon hitler" because the rest of that trailer didn't make sense to me either. I was very disappointing when I watched again.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teddie

The KH3 stuff just looks like the stuff they've already shown (a couple of areas from the old games in the new engine with some unfinished looking combat). So basically, not even out of the early conceptual phase from the look of things.

I'm really not interested in the 2.8 thing, despite being a huge fan of the series. It sounds like the Aqua chapter will be a few hours at most (I think they said the length of one world?), so it's just a Ground Zeroes situation. Could not care less about that other movie thing that's in the collection that looks like it will just serve to make the story even more complicated without adding anything at all. I guess I'm just getting tired of the "add more as we go" plotline that hasn't gone anywhere in a decade's worth of spinoffs.

I'm still excited for KH3, if only to see a bunch of beautifully rendered Disney worlds and for them to finally put a cap on that ridiculous plotline.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That music. Every single time it gets me.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The combat looks to be along the line of KHII which is good they seem to have reigned it back in a bit. The combat in 3D was them leaning real hard in the direction the KHII took the series from KH. I wish we could go back to the less mashy, more skilled dodging and timing of the first. But I understand you can't go back to that design without making the characters feel like they've lost all progression. KH made you feel weak and clumsy for most the game. While KH2 was all about feeling like a master of your weapon just mowing through your enemies.

Outside of that I'm still hyped as possible. Guys remember that twist at the end of Dream Drop Distance with the Org XIII thing. That was the best thing I have ever seen. The meandering and confusing plot lines the series has done was all made up for by that single moment.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Dixavd

This trailer basically spoils the end of KH3D for anyone who was waiting for this re-release to play it, which is disappointing. The spoilers aren't obvious at first, but there are enough things there that I think you could play the intro of KH3D and then the entire thing unravels. That said, it did remind me what a bunch of nonsense that game is so it's hard to care.

I'm looking forward to Aqua's part, I think she's honestly the most interesting character in the series. I like how determined she is, and cut-throat about following the rules, while still being as sentimental as everyone else in the series can be. She's one of the few fleshed out characters, which is surprising given her limited screen time.

I still think Birth By Sleep is the best game in the series by a long way in part because it has a fairly self contained story. I fear they're continuation of that story (the insistence that those characters must return) and now this extra work on mythical war might sour what makes its story so special. But I guess that's Kingdom Hearts modus operandi: New interesting ideas must come at the peril of those that came before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.